Rally Special Events

  • Thread starter Thread starter BKViper
  • 10 comments
  • 899 views
Messages
845
Messages
bkviper
I am just now getting to these because I decided to complete A-Spec and B-Spec (minus the über-long A-Spec Enduros) and then hit the Special events.
Anyway, a few comments and a few questions.

1.) How awesome is Alaska?! Why can't these tracks be picked in practice and online? They are fantastic fun.

2.) Did anyone else find a new love for Rallying with this game? I never thought of Rallying as something I would enjoy, and I haven't played any games like Dirt to try it out. But after doing scores of time trial laps on the Eiger Nordwind K Trail and now the Special Event Rally series, I have to say I am hooked. Can't wait to start the Sébastien Loeb series. After I'm done with GT5, I might have to look into the Dirt game, if it is near as fun as the GT5 events.

3.) For the Advanced series, it seems not all Rally cars count, which is weird. The description states, "Only rally cars can take part". However, it won't let me enter my Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Rally Car '85. And it's not like it's some über HP beast I am trying to cream the competition with. It actually has 100 HP less than my highest rated Rally car. I just really like the car and how it handles. I used it for the Intermediate series and destroyed the competition, so I wanted to give it more of a challenge in the Advanced series. Are there other Rally prepped cars that can't compete, or was this just an oversite?
 
The fact the Advanced events are made up of 8 stages is complete AIDS.
Took me like 22 minutes to gold the gravel section, then I decided to never touch the rest of them because it would require similar amounts of mind numbing tedium. If i wanted to spend alot of time at 30-40MPH I would get in my real car and drive around town.
 
^HAHAHAHAHAHA, one of the best comments I've read here XD

Even so, I really like the dirt trials. It has such a different feel to it that it almost feels like a different game. just my opinion though :)
 
The fact the Advanced events are made up of 8 stages is complete AIDS.
Took me like 22 minutes to gold the gravel section, then I decided to never touch the rest of them because it would require similar amounts of mind numbing tedium. If i wanted to spend alot of time at 30-40MPH I would get in my real car and drive around town.

But if you don't enjoy monotonously driving on dirt at some stupidly low speed then how are you/did you cope with the Miata Endurance race? About the same speed but with a worse car and better ground.
 
Alaska is awesome at sunrise and sunset. Love the way the sun reflects on the snow. Beautiful.
 
I like the rally quite a bit.
But...I do wish they were like one long race instead of broken up because you have to race them all in sequence anyway. I just hate all the loading and waiting for the cars to go before you...
 
I like the rally quite a bit.
But...I do wish they were like one long race instead of broken up because you have to race them all in sequence anyway. I just hate all the loading and waiting for the cars to go before you...

Because it's a rally and PD is trying to make the event "realistic" by implementing stages.
 
yup, with some "stages" made up by 3 corners and last 25 seconds. :p
 
The rallies have given me a lot of trouble.

The first two beginner events were attempted with my FR challenge prize FT86 (it's Chameleon Purple :yuck:... and I didn't even get a paint chip with it). That didn't work out quite well enough, so I did them again with my modded Citroen C4 and that worked a little better.

It didn't do to well on the tarmac rally though. After trying several cars and running out of ideas, I decided to try the FT86 again for that event.

Said FT86, it seems, is panacea for the beginner tarmac rally.

Now, I'm struggling to win the intermediate gravel rally with an older standard Impreza I got from the "rally base car" ticket. Even after modding it, still no luck.
 
But if you don't enjoy monotonously driving on dirt at some stupidly low speed then how are you/did you cope with the Miata Endurance race? About the same speed but with a worse car and better ground.

Oh that 4 hour Roadster event was complete *rubbish*

On topic - I loved the rally events, although the loading between each stage was frustrating, then the waiting for the other three cars.
 
But if you don't enjoy monotonously driving on dirt at some stupidly low speed then how are you/did you cope with the Miata Endurance race? About the same speed but with a worse car and better ground.

What? You clearly didn't use the lastest MX-5 for this event! My MX-5 is a hell of a lot of fun especially around Tsukuba sub 58 second laps! I could win the nine hour endurance with my MX-5 if I bothered to do it! Great fun :)
 
Back