Rallycar improvements

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP-Marv
  • 27 comments
  • 2,144 views
Messages
115
Messages
Mjohn26
Hey, i found this on youtube not to long ago and thought to myself,💡 if PD could achieve this sorta feel in the rally portion of the game it would be epic. These Fans are crazy! ( in a good way ) and this is what the love for Motorsport is all about:tup: What do people think

 
I don´t need to have stupid people at the track side trying to kill themselve.
 
The rally portion of GT5 is way too short. There should have been some events in A-spec for sure or just do away with it.
 
You couldn't have that sort of fanbase in today's rally world, although the occasional close-call would be epic:D


 
The best improvement, they could do for rally would rain/ mud racing and point to point-tracks.
 
I think randomly generated tracks are the way forward for rallying in Gran Turismo.

We just need more locations, and narrower roads. The courses in GT5 are about as wide as F1 tracks, whereas most rallies take place on extremely narrow country roads.
 
I still think the physics for the rallying is pretty far from accurate. Probably a good reason why we don't see really narrow country roads.. because it just wouldn't feel right!
 
Hey, i found this on youtube not to long ago and thought to myself,💡 if PD could achieve this sorta feel in the rally portion of the game it would be epic. These Fans are crazy! ( in a good way ) and this is what the love for Motorsport is all about:tup: What do people think



that is portugal ;) Crazy fans :)

But actually PD did include part of spirit from this track in GT4

Grand Canyon :) running photoreporters from car :)

 
I still think the physics for the rallying is pretty far from accurate. Probably a good reason why we don't see really narrow country roads.. because it just wouldn't feel right!


more like WRC need mad skill :) And real WRC is nothing like CMR Dirt2/1 or older.

Try RBR there is no better WRC sim.

Also today WRC =! older WRC. Back then it was much harder experience to drivers.

And Sebastian is an ALIEN

7 years unbeaten. Better than makinen.

Still my personal best is Vatanen...
 
more like WRC need mad skill :) And real WRC is nothing like CMR Dirt2/1 or older.

Try RBR there is no better WRC sim.

Also today WRC =! older WRC. Back then it was much harder experience to drivers.

And Sebastian is an ALIEN

7 years unbeaten. Better than makinen.

Still my personal best is Vatanen...

eh? I have played alot of rally games.. including Richard burns rally and I still think the physics is off. Are you agreeing or ?
 
I still think the physics for the rallying is pretty far from accurate. Probably a good reason why we don't see really narrow country roads.. because it just wouldn't feel right!

That's very true. After playing Richard Burns' Rally I understood the gripes people have with rallying in Gran Turismo.
 
that is portugal ;) Crazy fans :)

But actually PD did include part of spirit from this track in GT4

Grand Canyon :) running photoreporters from car :)


Awesome, great post! I had no idea they put a less dramatic version of group B in gt4. But, I want the it to be on a bigger scale with weather, more fans crowding the track, narrower tracks, more fans - in like epic amounts with some of them trying to reach out and touch the cars, I want them standing so close the track feels narrower. I want it to feel like the once a year event that Everyone comes out to see and be a part of, sorta like the feel this video gives you.
 
Last edited:
The reason why group B was canelled was because people got killed by the cars.

I mean it's cool and all but i would be scared to drive if fans were to be in the middle of the road.
 
Can anyone explain why the rally cars have 2 to 3 times the steering effort (with a wheel) than the same cars does with racing slicks on an asphalt surface. I believe that rally cars typically have slightly narrower tires which when run on a loose surface such as dirt or gravel produces a fairly light steering effort (relative of course) to that of the pavement equivalent. Why do I feel like I'm driving a tractor trailer truck (without power steering) whenever I get into a rally car in this game ?
 
First they have to GET RIDE OF ALL THE RALLY PHYSICS and start from scratch.
 
7 years unbeaten. Better than makinen.

You are joking right ??? Seb is not better than Big Mak, not for a chance. He just had lucky to drive without having any opponents to challenge him. Tommi Makinen fought much tougher WRC era and such drivers like, Burns, Sainz, McRae's, Oriol, Rovanpera, Gronholm, Kankunnen, Delecour ... and he beat them all. 4 times in a row !!! That's real champ and not some French without rally skills.

WRC in GT5 always sucks and was never to compete with big games like WRC it self and CMR or RBR, this is just small extra from polyphony. There is no Japan WRC driver to help them understand how those cars behave so it's pointless to play WRC in GT5 :crazy:
 
Makinen is a legend and so is Loeb. End of discussion
 
PD need to learn a few things about DIRT
 
I think Dirt has some learning to do from PD.

HAHA


lol but seriously Richard Burns Rally still is the benchmark in Rally simulations.

PD is doing pretty good but I think their track design really needs some help, and most of all I dunno why mess with what works. Take Chamonix for example it used to be such a nice track now it looks like snow covered freeway mixed with a roller coaster, and lets not even talk about losing out Cathedral Rocks/EL Capitan and Grand Canyon.

Hopefully (given the last FT86 video) we get those back in a DLC or update.
 
You are joking right ??? Seb is not better than Big Mak, not for a chance. He just had lucky to drive without having any opponents to challenge him. Tommi Makinen fought much tougher WRC era and such drivers like, Burns, Sainz, McRae's, Oriol, Rovanpera, Gronholm, Kankunnen, Delecour ... and he beat them all. 4 times in a row !!! That's real champ and not some French without rally skills.

WRC in GT5 always sucks and was never to compete with big games like WRC it self and CMR or RBR, this is just small extra from polyphony. There is no Japan WRC driver to help them understand how those cars behave so it's pointless to play WRC in GT5 :crazy:

I meant only 7 years straight win and i said after that Vatanen is my personal Fav ...

:dunce:
 
👎👎

simply a fail....

Dirt isn't even close to being a sim. It's pure arcade dude.

RBR is unmached with mods.. and have some real deal wrc tracks one car wide..
 
The DiRT games may not be a sim, but the big difference is that it's actually great fun to play. At the end of the day I only play games that I find fun, and realism is great if it adds to the fun factor.

The last time I actually enjoyed rally in a GT game was GT3. Having said that I love the standard driving modes in GT5, and it will be quite a while (possibly GT6) before it's beaten on the PS3.
 
Reminds me of the hours of rally enjoyment I got from my PS1 with Colin McRae rally 1 & 2. Brilliant. Never played Richard Burns Rally but I know that Tommi Makinen and V-Rally were rubbish though.

I agree that in GT5 (and GT2) that the tracks are far too wide.
 
Back