Rallymorten's 24 Hours of Le Mans experience

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
Finally decided to do this race and convinced my brother to co-op.

Grid:

McLaren F1 V. Font
Speed 8 A. Dupuy
R8 Oreca V. Boyer
Courage '03 D. Steiner
Courage '04 H. Horne
Viper 51 N. Karhu
R8 red me and my brother
Clk-LM M. Meyer
Viper 91 M. Schmitt
R10 TDI C. Gaillard
GT-ONE Y. Nakamura
R8 yellow F. Meyer

A little delayed but better late than never :)

The race started in good weather, a cloud or 2. I quickly got up to 5th place before almost doing a McNish on the McLaren. Quickly caught up to the leading group of Bentley and Oreca Audi. There were some nice battles there. After a few stops I got a comfortable lead, when it started to rain heavily. 2nd place was yellow Audi R8, about 3 mins. behind.

2 hours later my brother called me to take over. He had lost it all and now we we're a minute behind. This meant another 6 hours for me behind the wheel.

After this, it began to dry, slowly but steadily, and my brother got confidence (he claims he didn't test in rain). The only problem: where AI and me we're driving 5 or 6 laps on Racing Hards, he was only capable of doing 4, thus requiring alot more pit stops.

Anyhow, we we're tied in a battle with the other Audi. I decided to take the controller for a few hours to give my brother a lead he could not loose. And he never did.

In the end, it was a win with 1 lap difference. Both of us are sure we could've done better, so maybe we'll mett up on the grid again..

Last edited:
Back