Ralph Lauren Car Show (you gotta see this)

  • Thread starter Thread starter fxscreamer
  • 6 comments
  • 1,074 views
Messages
25
Ok, if you already know me, I'm a bit of a car nut. I attended the Ralph Lauren car show at the MFA in Boston. There were many super rare cars dating back to the early 1930s, including 3 Bugattis, 4 Ferraris, Mercedes, Jaguar, etc. The picture you see below isn't just me with some hot car. This is THE car, and one of the most rare exotics on Earth. An estimate of 35 exist, and was named Car and Driver's "Car of the 20th Century". I've known about it for over 12 years ever since I had a 1:18 model of it. I've seen shows and interviews with drivers saying this puts ANY other car to shame, including Ferraris and Lamborghinis. I had no idea I'd ever get the chance to lay eyes on one of these in real life. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: :sly:

The McLaren F1

Quick Facts
627HP
240MPH Top Speed
0-60 in 3.2 sec
*All Carbon Fiber Body
*BMW M-Powered V12 Engine (rear engine)
*3 Seats, Driver in middle
*Kenwood Sound System
*Carbon Fiber underbody (complete flat bottom)
*Security Uplink Modem (Helicopter rescue if car breaks down)
*Side storage luggage compartments

Cost: $1,000,000+

jaredmcclaren.jpg


mclaren1.jpg


mclaren2.jpg


mclaren3.jpg


mclaren4.jpg


mclaren5.jpg


mclaren6.jpg


mclaren7.jpg


mclaren8.jpg


mclaren9.jpg


mclaren10.jpg


More pictures later

Jared Hudson
 
Awesome!..... except the first pic has some dork blocking the shot. :D j/k

Great pics! :) What can I say about F1. The car has style. 👍
 
Here's more pics of the show

Sorry if the pics aren't great. I didn't shoot them. I need a digital camera.

alfa1.jpg


alfa2.jpg


alfa3.jpg


bentley1.jpg


bentley2.jpg


bugatti1.jpg


bugatti2.jpg


bugatti3.jpg


bugatti4.jpg


bugatti5.jpg


bugatti6.jpg


ferrari1.jpg


ferrari2.jpg


ferrari3.jpg


ferrari4.jpg


ferrari5.jpg


jaguar1.jpg


mercedes1.jpg


mercedes2.jpg


mercedes3.jpg


mercedes4.jpg


mercedes5.jpg


spyder1.jpg


spyder2.jpg
 
I thought the production number was 100.
http://www.mclarencars.com/content/sections/mainfr/sales.htm
Either way they are still incredibly rare.



Mclaren actually put the last one up for sale, it had been sitting in their facilities as a show car since it came off the line. They are asking 1.8 mil for it.

Gotta love the gold lineing and the carbon fiber airbox.

Doesn't lauren own an enzo also? Or is that Hilfiger. Either way they should collaborate and figure out which car is truely faster around a circuit.

👍 keep the pics coming.
 
:drool: It's art, I tell you!
 
Sorry, I had to do it. That pic was just askin for it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

Hilg

hitch4zp.jpg
 
Post some shots of that sexy 959 too!
BTW, I just saved all your McLaren pics to my My Pictures folder. :sly:
 
Back