Ramming

• Thread starter PeterF
  • 9 comments
Ok, I know ramming isn't a large part of real racing, but I have found it is a useful tool, when used to deflect yourself from sandpits, gravel and tyre walls at high speed. For example, on Grand Valley a slower car can get left behind very quick, so to make up for this you do not brake for the first sandpit turn. Depending on how good your handling is, start to steer, just a little bit before you hit the side of the opponent car.(If you just missed every car, and are now hurtling through the sandpit, you probably have no chance of winning the race.). You will deflect violently, but controllably away at 80 percent of your impact speed. The advantage of this method is in taking a 80kph turn at anything upto 300kph, which obviously is a good thing. Never attempt to ram a CPU car to force it out of a race. The computer will generally recover in a few seconds, while you risk a major crash, and will probably experience sharp deceleration.

My questions, for ramming experts, are,
Which are the best cars for ramming? (I would seem to make sense that heavy cars are best, but I have never observed an improvement between my Viper GTSR Team Oreca, and Aston Martin V8 Vantage.)
Is there a ramming method which will allow me to pass quickly through the dreaded Laguna Seca corkscrew turn?

LOL . Pete ,,YOU DON,T CALL IT RAMMING , It's called ( taking on the inside ) With a little practice you'll be knockin them into pits in no time lol. But hey ,every now & then turn the (car damage) on and run a race. it,ll help you improve on your marks.

I admit, it is useful, but it doesnt exactly help you in being a better racer.. you either need to learn how to drive correctly, or plan on not racing at all :D (my opinion)

Actually, if you turn on damage, and then use those fast cars that normally bore you to death; try to make a comeback for victory. Ramming for fun is okay for a race or two. Rubbing the cars is okay, but ramming is not racing. If that's all you like to use Gran Turismo for, then you shouldn't be playing racing games. Go get a FPS game or something.

Originally posted by mustangGT_rider
i always do that it is a part of racing

Ramming is NOT a part of racing :rolleyes:

slight bumping sometimes is, but NOT ramming.

If ramming was a part of racing, pretty much no race would last much more than 10 laps, and there would be several deaths every race. You want ramming, go watch a demolition derby, or whatever they're called now :thumbsdow

Woah!, this is an old thread. :crazy:
Shortly after I started this thread I discovered these little things called brakes. They tend to slow you down more reliably than the wheel-arch of a CPU car.
I rammed the computer cars because their flawless AI is a bit annoying, I mean even the best drivers make a mistake sometimes, dont they? But not these guys.
I dont ram these days, but point my car towards the position a CPU car will go into when I turn a corner, so if I have started braking too late, the CPU car provides a little backup.

Back