Random comments about GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter dkstz
  • 13 comments
  • 864 views
Messages
414
Brazil
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Messages
arten_v
Well, someone might have discussed those things already, but I just want to add my 0.02 cents. I've been playing GT4 for just over a few days (bought my Slim two weeks ago) and have less than 10% of the game done. Have played a lot of GT3 before.

1 - The game was HARD to get at first, but with a little of persistency i'm getting gradually better, faster and more consistent. One thing I noticed is that the best times I got was using the slow-in-fast-out lines. That way I don't get "the" strong understeer and avoid the risks of getting out of track for just 0.02 better times.
But... the IA of this thing is damn blind. In a race they never give up the line. So I must play hard to get ahead. Then it's a game to be careful to not get slammed in the back and sent to the walls...

2 - The total clueless of competition makes hard to decide wich car to use in each race. Thing says 20 A-Spec points and it's damn hard. The the next race says 70 and it's a joke of so easy it gets! Well, A-Spec is just for showing so it's ok. But if races had limitation min/max of power would be much better...

3 - Arcade mode is silly and two players mode is an eternity to begin the race. Wish it had the time trials and the unlocking stuff races from GT3.

I add more as I remember (working now)... but the game is ranked 9/10 for me! Surely is a must-have!
 
Well i'm new to these forums, and at the same time, quite new to GT4 aswell. I've had GT1 and GT2 on PSX and i liked those games, but never really got too much into those. The reason for me to buy GT4 was that, i were extremely bored and didn't think of any good PC game that i haven't already tried. I'm in a BF2 gaming community, and i should have bought BF2: Special Forces, to join filming with the community. At that point i were quite bored with BF2 and decided not to buy any expansions. As i were browsing trough internet, i found a review of GT4 somewhere, and got interested. Searced more info about the subject and watched few drifting videos... After that i were really excited about it and couldn't wait to buy it. Found it at bargain bin, and the game has so far proven great value and depth. A definite must buy for car enthusiasts who own PS2 :)

(sorry if my language is bad, but i haven't slept for 24 hours atm.)
 
Hmm.

It's very pretty.

The GSX-R/4 isn't shiny enough.

It's really, really, really deep. I haven't even touched 50% yet...

I'm still seeing cars in the used car list I've never seen before.

I guess that's it.
 
King Cockery
(sorry if my language is bad, but i haven't slept for 24 hours atm.)

I know that feeling very well. Welcome to the boards y'all, and welcome to GT4. :) Things are kinda slow right now because Jordan's updating, but they'll pick up quickly in a few days.
 
It's disappointingly awesome deep fun and real all at the same time.
 
Well... Although there is a lot of things that i hope will have improved when GT5 hits the PS3, i still think that this is an awesome game!!!

the thumbs up side:
I'm totally amazed by how much they've actually been able to squeeze on to this DVD. I mean the game is huge, there's tons of awesome cars and loads of cool tracks!! The soundtrack is the largest soundtrack i've ever seen in my life, and it's awesome by the way!! The graphics is superb, some of the best graphics i've seen on the ps2!! And last but not least, this game has gotten me totally hooked man... I can't even go to sleep at night without having had my daily share GT4-Fixes, i need help man :crazy:

The thumbs down side:
The game is totally unrealistic, even though polyphony uses the slogan, the real driving simulator... some of the cars in the game are able to go alot faster than what i would ever believe them to be able to... i mean, my topspeed without NOS is like 270 MPH.... I don't know man... maybe it's possible, but i'll have to see it in real life before i believe it... If you're driving at that insane speed and crash into the wall, then absolutely nothing happens to the car!! Don't know why they haven't included this on a game that calls it self the real driving simulator. It doesn't seem to be so hard to include an acceptable damagesystem to me... it's already been done on a lot of other games like Grand Theft Auto, etc. An other thing that could be improved aswell is details in the different tracks during a race, like if the weather all of a sudden started to change, or the change from day to night and the 24-hour endurances... that should'nt be so difficult to implement either, i mean the hardest thing would probably be to program how the car should react to different kinds of wether, but they've already done some work on that since different tracks actually do have different varietys of weather.

but despite all this i still think it's a great game, and i have really high expectations to this game once we're playing it again on the PS3!!! Oh boy, I can't wait....
 
Yay, more non sleeping people. I just have always wondered if anyone has driven the 24 hour races in A-spec mode completely?
 
King Cockery
Yay, more non sleeping people. I just have always wondered if anyone has driven the 24 hour races in A-spec mode completely?
thought about it. but i dont have that much gt4 time sadly
 
I thought the car manufactureers wouldnt allow pd to put damage into teh game becasue GT sells so well and they dont want to see there cars shown to customers in anything but the best possible condition. Anyone know if tahts the real reason?
 
buttchin1
I thought the car manufactureers wouldnt allow pd to put damage into teh game becasue GT sells so well and they dont want to see there cars shown to customers in anything but the best possible condition. Anyone know if tahts the real reason?

I would definatly believe that.


I think they did a great job with the game, contradictory to what I've read here and in other forums, I believe they did a damn good job with the handling aspect of the game (it is after all just a PS2). They did a good job with the rally section and a great job with the car selection (though missing a few very desirable brand names, likely has to do with the manufactors and not the PD). Also quite a nice variety of tracks, especially when compared to other racing games.

GT4 Remains in the top 3 in my book. (In fact, it usually sits on top of my PS2 rather than the shelf with the dozens of other games)
 
I agree, GT4 is a damn cool game. I thought the rallying was better in GT3 but that's not to take anything away from GT4, just an observation. As for damage to cars, whether they ever get or not doesn't bother me cause like you said the handling and game physics are awesome 👍
 
Back