Random gear disingagement

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joe Ferreira
  • 5 comments
  • 623 views
Messages
76
South Africa
Cape Town
Hi guys
I have a problem with some cars especially in the newer events. Whilst driving, the car suddenly goes into neutral. This just happens randomly. I have to exit, switch off completly, re-start, the same car in the same event will be OK until it decides to do the same again, maybe in an hour or 2 minutes. I have downloaded all the latest updated. I also had this problem with GT5 to a lesser degree. Does anyone else have this problem. I would appreciate any help.
Regards Joe
 
Are you using the same wheel this was occurring on in GT5?
 
Sounds like hitting the clutch while using paddles, although that should fix itself if you try shifting again, so it's likely not that. It could also be using a stick to shift and not hitting the clutch properly, but it should happen more often and, again, has the simple solution of shifting again. Actually, it could be a faulty clutch pedal that gradually sticks itself until it eventually stays partially on. If you don't have a clutch pedal, then I have no idea what's happening.
 
Actually, it could be a faulty clutch pedal that gradually sticks itself until it eventually stays partially on. If you don't have a clutch pedal, then I have no idea what's happening.

My first thought is the wheel might have a sticking/faulty clutch, quite reasonable if its happened both in GT5 and GT6 if he's using the same wheel.
 
My first thought is the wheel might have a sticking/faulty clutch, quite reasonable if its happened both in GT5 and GT6 if he's using the same wheel.

Thanks for the response guys, I dont use the gear shift and therefor dont use the clutch pedal. I only use paddles. Yes I've only ever had the Logitech G27 set up. Am I the only person that has experienced this problem. It's really ball aching as you can imagine.
 
Thanks for the response guys, I dont use the gear shift and therefor dont use the clutch pedal. I only use paddles. Yes I've only ever had the Logitech G27 set up. Am I the only person that has experienced this problem. It's really ball aching as you can imagine.

Could still be the wheel, a short, loose wire faulty clutch can be pressing the clutch without you pressing the clutch. Its not always feasable but trying a different wheel out and seeing if the problem continues would help out, but getting a second wheel is a pita unless you have a Buddie with one.
 
Back