Random Grid in Career Mode?

United States
West Virginia
HBR-Roadhog
HBR Roadhog
I was just wondering here. I am a bit lazy when it comes to reading a lot of text while playing a game so maybe there was something about it on the event listing and I just did not notice or something.

Anyway 2nd event GT5 G40Jr series at Donnington. I ran the qualifier and got the poll. Started on poll first race, finished 1st. 2nd Race I started 9th.

My brother ran the same event earlier and said it started him last in the second race even though he also was on the poll and won the first race?

So are some of the races using a random grid or is there a bug in the starting grid that pops up sometimes?

I don't know if it's the same case as the G40, but in the Clio Cup the second race grid was based on your second best qualifying time. It's likely it's the same case with your championship :lol:

I don't know if it's the same case as the G40, but in the Clio Cup the second race grid was based on your second best qualifying time. It's likely it's the same case with your championship :lol:
Yes. That ^.

What sucks is if your second best time is invalid. So, I guess you need at least 2 good laps when you qualify. The game can be fussy and invalidate your laps for the slightest wide turn.

I had not even considered that but it does make sense as I generally take it easy on the first lap making sure the grip is there in the tires and then run hard on the next lap to try for the poll.

Back