- 1,377

- United States
- Firehound427
- CivicTypeR15
So here it is, an idea I've had for a while now! Each weekend, I will launch a random investigation into something in GT5. And although I have quite a few ideas, you guys can put your own ideas in! And if I select your idea, you can receive one of the vehicles used in the test! So here's part 1, to be tested on Saturday:
Does a car with a small, turbocharged engine consume less fuel than a car with a big naturally aspirated engine making the same amount of horsepower?
I will purchase a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X and a Ford Mustang GT from the New Car Dealer. Both of these cars produce 290-310HP, but the Mustang uses a 4.6 V8 to produce that power, while the Evo uses a turbocharged 2.0 4-cylinder. In real life, economy can be dictated by engine size, and indeed it is the current trend for car makers to fit smaller, turbocharged engines in their cars. The game says that fuel consumption depends on power output, so will the Lancer, with it's small turbo powerplant outlast the big Mustang, or will the equal power make it equal at the fuel pump? I will run this on Special Stage Route X, allowing me to run flat-out without having to brake. As always, feedback and new ideas for other random investigations are welcome!
Does a car with a small, turbocharged engine consume less fuel than a car with a big naturally aspirated engine making the same amount of horsepower?
I will purchase a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X and a Ford Mustang GT from the New Car Dealer. Both of these cars produce 290-310HP, but the Mustang uses a 4.6 V8 to produce that power, while the Evo uses a turbocharged 2.0 4-cylinder. In real life, economy can be dictated by engine size, and indeed it is the current trend for car makers to fit smaller, turbocharged engines in their cars. The game says that fuel consumption depends on power output, so will the Lancer, with it's small turbo powerplant outlast the big Mustang, or will the equal power make it equal at the fuel pump? I will run this on Special Stage Route X, allowing me to run flat-out without having to brake. As always, feedback and new ideas for other random investigations are welcome!
Last edited: