Random question ...

  • Thread starter Thread starter davievtec
  • 4 comments
  • 493 views

davievtec

(Banned)
Messages
158
Messages
daviemcg2011
I was playing gt5 I was on Tsukuba circuit and the gear suggestion was to shift to third but in my head I knew I could go alot faster just wondering is the selection for the track or is it per vehicle and performance points ? Or is it just a basic border line ?
 
I think it goes on the car. Cause on trial mountain that last turn after the straight it says 2nd gear in the evo and in a zr1 it says 1 gear
 
It's all about how you enter & exit a corner. I always thought all cars were different when it came to which gear to be in when entering a bend. In the end it goes down to the aerodynamics of the car to go a faster speed while turning compared to a a normal* car
 
I think they intentionally make it where it is NOT consistent car to car - track to track, so you can't figure a perfectly calculated braking zone based on the flashing gear indicator.

I've noticed like you say, some corners the gear indicator is way too low; saying you need to downshift to another gear when you don't - others you need to be at the bottom, nearly the one below the one it recommends.

It's just a guideline like you say but it must be based on tire selection, weight, aero, and gear ratios
 
Turn off the HUD, let your instincts guide you Luke.
 
Back