Randomly banned from site, because of "deactivated email"?

United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
About 5 minutes ago when I logged onto the site, I received a pop up which stated that I was banned from posting on this site because my email address (which my account is linked to) could not receive emails, and in order to resolve this I must change the details of my account. I have used that email address (it is my regular email address) for many different sites and other purposes and it has never had an issue receiving mail. I re-entered that email address and password yet it wouldn't go through for some reason. I was able to rejoin the site using my father's email therefore the issue is resolved. I am just wondering why this happened at random; was this a glitch, or is there something wrong on my end? Thanks.

tenor.gif

This was a result of the major Google outage today.

It has caused Gmail to reject some messages (seemingly at random) with an erroneous hard bounce. This bounce notification then immediately deactivates your account here.

Hundreds of GTPlanet users were affected today, but I should have them all corrected within the next hour or so. I will restore your previous address to your account in the process.

This was a result of the major Google outage today.

It has caused Gmail to reject some messages (seemingly at random) with an erroneous hard bounce. This bounce notification then immediately deactivates your account here.

Hundreds of GTPlanet users were affected today, but I should have them all corrected within the next hour or so. I will restore your previous address to your account in the process.
Thank you!

Back