Randomly loses acceleration and it won't come back...even with reboot!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Renlikhs
  • 7 comments
  • 723 views
Messages
2
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
renlikhs
Hi,

I'm new to the forum so hi :)

Been searching around and can't find an answer to this on the interwebs anywhere so beginning to think it's just my PS3!

Every so often (and apparently quite randomly!) No matter what car I'm driving the accelerator will stop working and either only accelerate up to a certain point (around 30mph) or not work at all. Restarting the race doesn't help, it just does it again, and nor does rebooting game (or the entire PS3)! Initially I thought it was a glitch in my copy of the game as since I started playing again with a different disc it stopped but its just started again, granted in a completely different place to last time!

It's bloody infuriating!

It normally persists for a few days and then will randomly decide to start working again. There is nothing wrong with the controller as it works fine with other games and I have tried different controller's and am having the same problems...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
 
Do you have a wheel plugged in? The same thing happens to me, but only when my wheel is plugged in and I switch to my controller. I have no idea what causes it, because I switch the controller to P1 and unplug the wheel and still the accelerator and brake get limited to about 10%. Its weird!
 
Do you have a wheel plugged in? The same thing happens to me, but only when my wheel is plugged in and I switch to my controller. I have no idea what causes it, because I switch the controller to P1 and unplug the wheel and still the accelerator and brake get limited to about 10%. Its weird!
@Chameleon9000, I think it gets limited because DS3 controller has less button travel than wheel pedals. If that makes sense. :p
 
@Chameleon9000, I think it gets limited because DS3 controller has less button travel than wheel pedals. If that makes sense. :p
yeah that makes sense... but its weird that the problem stays once i have unplugged the wheel... and it only happens sometime too.
 
Some cars have a problem - I presume that is not what is at fault here, but the Ford GT40 road car has pit lane entry and exit and startline problems when on Race Hard tyres in untuned form.
 
its weird that the problem stays once i have unplugged the wheel... and it only happens sometime too.

Should happen most/all of the time. Try setting the wheel to be Controller 2 and the pad to be Controller 1 before disconnect, that should reload the pad calibration. Otherwise just remember to unplug the wheel before you boot the PS.
 
Cheers for the replies! Am playing with the controller at the min. Reassigning controllers on start up stops the issue though if anyone else has the problem.

Now to carry on the uphill battle that is S-5.......ps might end up out the windowbefore long!!!!!
 
Back