Ranking system idea

• Thread starter mary ann
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
We all know about the trick that too many players does to get more wins. Most of them are as fast as ''S'' rank drivers but not fast enough to get the win. So they take the easy way, winning against slower drivers B,C,D and E and when they are match with A or S drivers, they drive dirty and don't give a damn about it because their DR will drop down to B or less and start winning again. You all know about that and PD is trying to solve the problem by fixing penalties and the result is not what it should be.

I think I'm on something... Forget about DR and SR. Only one ranking and you get match with all the drivers online, probably random like it was in older versions. You start the game at E and your car engine is at 50% power. Whatever car you are driving. You drive clean and move to D: 60% engine power and clean races till you get to S: 100% engine power.

S = 100% engine power
A = 90% engine power
B = 80% engine power
C = 70% engine power
D = 60% engine power
E = 50% engine power

This way, a player with B or less doesn't have a chance to win against S or A drivers. Even at A will be very difficult. I want fast and clean racing, it may be a solution. You drive clean, learn to be faster and you'll have a chance to win like it should be. I better like to have a driving lesson on track by Fraga than being send off track by dirty drivers looking for undeserved wins.

It looks like PD is looking to find very talent drivers. Maybe to become THE platform for that. We can tell them how to do it ;)

I hope I'm in the right direction, let me know what you think. Thanks!

I kind of see where you're coming from, but it doesn't sound like it would be much fun to play with a system like that, I don't mind the "ego trippers" who sabotage their DR to get wins....says the guy who's had 3 resets :embarrassed: (not on purpose)

Hey @mary ann , long not seen ... I remember us tweaking VW Nardos and demolishing gixxer heroes on Trial Mountain with 'em :lol:. Great times back then.
I'm afraid the outcome of your ranking system will be quite similar to what we have now.
Since the game sadly is bad at detecting fault or telling clean from dirty driving, people will still find ways to reach any rank undeserved - and finally leave YOU :sly: with the engine downgrade. Sounds disenchanted ? Now you're on something ;) ...
And now, go tailgate Fraga :cheers: !

Hey @mary ann , long not seen ...

So nice to talk to you again, I don't do daily races often. Have the game since launch and only did about 700 races, 200 wins.

All my friends (very fast drivers) are making lobbies because of the bad penalty system and so many dirty drivers. You combine us, about 40 friends and all the fastest drivers from previous gt games, that I don't see anymore for the same reason and daily races are not fun anymore.

Penalty system is very bad, cars are too easy to drive, too many drivers with bad attitude...

When I do daily races, I choose the slowest car (like GT6) or start at the back of the grid. Big fun :)

GT6 was a better game, probably because I so miss racing with you guys. Miss the VW Nardo, a charm to drive, miss Trial Mountain, High speed ring and Apricot Hill.

I hope you are doing fine, I became a new mother six mounths ago and the little one is facinated by watching the tv when I play Gt Sport :)

At least there is one good point in Gt Sport, no more hack cars but... they found another way to cheat!

Anywhoo, sorry for the long text, I'm missing you guys :)

So nice to talk to you again ... I'm missing you guys :)

Wow, my very best wishes and mighty much power for your being a mom now. You'll be great I'm sure and it'll be worth it :). And btw you gotta change your avatar wording into "HURRY HURRY HURRY HURRY" finally :D !
And as for Sport Mode, yeah : "There were ghosts in the eyes of all the boys who went away."
( Thunder Road / The Boss ... adapted )

Last edited:
Because starting new players, no matter their ability, at 50% engine power is totally a fun idea......

"Oh boy I can't wait to race some Group 3 cars around my favourite tracks in competitive races!"

> has 50% power

This idea is frankly stupid. Especially considering cleanliness is already very subjective, especially with the way the penalty system is.

Imagine the complaints if someone got hit off and suddenly in their next race they have only 80% power rather than their usual normal 100%.

This won't teach people to be cleaner.

Back