rant a car: discuss the most innerving cars to drive

• Thread starter vinz7531
  • 11 comments
France
France
Hello,

While racing in various road car categories, I found a type of car extremely painful.
So I'm gona rant about them :)
I'll take the Bentley continental super sport to illustrate the point.
I try to race it homologated and got frustrated at its inability to brake.
If you brake earlier you get rammed by AI or overtaken.

The reason are: an engine so big it sucks up all the PI points and need a restrictor, an enormous weight 2300kg)
Cars like this exist in many categories (luxury, SUV, sport touring etc...) and are really painful.

Here's how I managed to make it decent for its category:
Fit it with default parts (non homologated)
Jump to the engine to activate the restrictor
Go to the tyres and get the best authorised (for un unknown reason the front tyres were not the widest, pu them as it will increase braking)
Go to chassis and add the best brakes.
Now you need to reduce the car PI to put the weight reduction.
Here are the performance loss areas:
Aero: add the bentley front splitter, and rear wing
transmission: turn the car to RWD (you'll also gain much weight)
Now add weight reduction level 2: you are now around 1800-1900 kg. a decent weight for the category
Proceed with upgrading braking and cornering
add rollcage level 2
add light engine hood (also look good)

Ignore the suspensions and gearbox as they are not critical

Add a racing differential, you need something to manage the enormous torque of the engine since you have the default gearbox.

Also I added 20% braking power to settings, since I'm not used to brake 100% to get the result.

You're ready!

Let me know if you found a better way to fix it, or if you want to rant about another car

I've driven a lot of cars in FM7 in (mostly) stock form and there aren't really too many I dislike although I have found some issues with a few cars.

Bugatti Chiron: Can't Turn - This isn't an exaggeration like some people say the Veyron is, this car really can't turn. Even at Daytona Superspeedway it struggles to take the banked turns and is just downright awful on anything that isn't completely straight. I imagine this gets fixed somewhat if you apply the homologation restricter (999 BHP) and race weight reduction (approx 3400 lbs). Pretty much all the time this car makes up over a Porsche 935/78 on the Mulsanne is ruined by the car's poor handling.

Ferrari F40 Competizione: Insane Turbo Lag - This can actually work to it's advantage though as it gets rid of a lot of wheelspin at low speed, although it still kills the acceleration out of most hairpins. A quick look at telemetry shows it gets as low as 200 BHP at low speeds (30-40 MPH) compared to it's 691 BHP peak power

Ferrari 375: Impossible to homologate without using the skinniest tires (all other upgrades are wider than the homologation limit) and more power than the car can handle (no restrictor upgrades). No aero. It's probably the least competitive car in its class by a country mile.

One of the worst handling cars in Forza made even worse by homologation requirements.

The McLaren F1 and its unmanageable lift-off oversteer tendencies, I hate that car! :ouch:

Lol I also disliked this twitchy car back in FM4. So I did not pick it up, nor tested it.
Anyone knows how to set it up to make it more manageable?

JR98
Bugatti Chiron

I thought the Chiron was better at cornering than the Veyron. That's what testers said of the real car. I can't comment since I don't have the DLCs

JR98
Ferrari F40 Competizionne

I need to test this one, does it behave like the mustang racing car we recieved some time ago?

Techlet
Ferrari 375

I will test it, I like these old grand prix cars :)
it really cannot be saved within homologation rules?

Last edited:
I thought the Chiron was better at cornering than the Veyron. That's what testers said of the real car. I can't comment since I don't have the DLCs
I haven't driven the Veyron SS much in FM7 but the Chiron is just awful. Has the worst understeer of any car I've ever driven in Forza.
I need to test this one, does it behave like the mustang racing car we recieved some time ago?
I'd say it's worse since I believe the Mustang has shorter gear ratios than the F40. Plus even if it is the effect is nowhere near as bad in the Mustang since it only makes 530 HP to the F40's 690.

Lol I also disliked this twitchy car back in FM4. So I did not pick it up, nor tested it.
Anyone knows how to set it up to make it more manageable?
AWD conversion. Honestly, I hadn't realized it was that bad. My F1 is my #1 go to for S-class hoppers. Perfect balance.
Bugatti Chiron: Can't Turn - This isn't an exaggeration like some people say the Veyron is, this car really can't turn. Even at Daytona Superspeedway it struggles to take the banked turns and is just downright awful on anything that isn't completely straight. I imagine this gets fixed somewhat if you apply the homologation restricter (999 BHP) and race weight reduction (approx 3400 lbs). Pretty much all the time this car makes up over a Porsche 935/78 on the Mulsanne is ruined by the car's poor handling.
Strange, Its the 4th fastest car in the Hypercar division I own and I own all of them.

Last edited:
The Ferrari 250 LM, expensive in the Auction House when it first appeared and a complete waste of credits!

No! You can't say that I really love it! It's not the fastest (maserati 300 is insane) but it handles like a dream.
Also I homologated it manually...

Well, after making a HUGE adjustment to braking settings (Brake balance 62% front, brake pressure 105%) and taking a bit of air off the tires, I take back all the bad things I said about the McLaren F1 :bowdown:

The Nissan GTR nismo LMP....it's fast in a straight line but that's about it. I can't believe this thing is fwd and it kills its straight line performance. It's probably the next fastest car next to the 919 too, such a shame.

Back