Rant

saskman1950
So the Xbox cloud went down yesterday.
It came back up for a few minutes and I had no data.
Today I'm sitting in front of my tv staring at my FM4 game.

I had to start over.

So here is my new inventory:
I have a Porsche (gifted) that I am now working on for KAT, a Spark ( I know I got it for starting the game again).
I had a car that I sold previously in the AH. So it was worth a few dollars.
More importantly to me, anyways, is I have all my designs, and decals, tunes which I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on were backed up on a USB...:P

SO!!! A couple things you can do to help yourself.

a. Backup what you can (designs, layer groups, tunings) to USB. Do this regularly (religiously)
b. Send some expensive, sellable cars to the AH (you may have to take the cash monthly and resell some more.
I'm not sure the AH keeps your money for more than a month) Small price to pay if you need money when you start over...:yuck:
If you lose your data you will still have money in the AH, which I did.
Now I wish I had four or five Ferraris in there :lol:

I was more than a little pissed when it happened, but as a cancer survivor it has become more important to me (in game and real life) that I still have my family and friends...

*End of rant*

First off, congratulations on winning the battle with cancer. 👍 My wife is a survivor as well.

Second, thanks for the good bit of information. I accidentally restarted my game and have lost all of my paints. What a bummer.

Cloud is down for me today, too, although Pete can still access his. I really wanted to play, so I tried moving my cloud data to the x box HDD, and I hadn't lost anything. Seems you can still move your saved cloud data even if it's down.

i was considering the cloud but decided to use a usb back up device since the day i lost my data a few weeks ago, as you know.

anyway, do you need some help? how about a million Cr plus some F to A fine tuned, 0km cars?

cheers.

First off, congratulations on winning the battle with cancer. 👍 My wife is a survivor as well.

Second, thanks for the good bit of information. I accidentally restarted my game and have lost all of my paints. What a bummer.

Congratulate your wife...:) I know how hard it can be mentally.

Secondly :lol:
Did you loose decals? Or custom made paints?
If it's decals, let me know. I still have what I've made.

Cloud is down for me today, too, although Pete can still access his. I really wanted to play, so I tried moving my cloud data to the x box HDD, and I hadn't lost anything. Seems you can still move your saved cloud data even if it's down.

Unfortunately for me and a few others in the world...it's gone off cloud period:banghead: :(

Pete and I have both jumped on to play this morning, my cloud is still offline, Pete's is still online. How the Hell does that work? :confused:

If you want it I have a spare 5 million I've built up from playing rivals again recently. If not I'll use it towards some competition prizes.

If you want it I have a spare 5 million I've built up from playing rivals again recently. If not I'll use it towards some competition prizes.

You are kind. I'll be okay for cash in day or two.
Someone looked after me already.
Thanks for your offer and being a friend. :)

Sorry to hear dude...I know you said something to me the other day about it but I was confused..I do remember when I booted my game up it refrenced something about the cloud. But I dont backup there so didnt think twice.....So I can plug in a memory stick and save what on it???....It cant be over 16g right???

BTW if you want something special kinda car let me know Ill hook you up

This story has become all too common with this game. T10 really needs to figure out a way for us to reliably backup our data in future games. If they cannot figure it out how to do it without keeping the cheaters down, then I think the lesser of two evils would be allowing backup as its just too common for people to be losing data lately.

So today Pete has lost all his saved game.

He hasn't been playing for that long, so he was only at level 71, but that's 40 hours of driving, 99 cars and nearly 9 million credits vanished. :(

Being the philosophical chap he is, he's just shrugged and started again. I think I may have been a little bit more peeved :banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::mad::mad:

This story has become all too common with this game. T10 really needs to figure out a way for us to reliably backup our data in future games. If they cannot figure it out how to do it without keeping the cheaters down, then I think the lesser of two evils would be allowing backup as its just too common for people to be losing data lately.

I don't even think I could consider it an evil. Back ups are necessary, common sense. No feature is worth having to give them up.

As great as it is to drive in Forza, I'm already well past the point of boredom with having to collect cars when I could be tuning, painting, or racing instead. If I had to do it a second time, well I don't know if I would.

Being as this thread was started by me..

I wish there was someway in Turn's database they could limit the number of cars of a particular model / type to no more than 4 in the Auction House. Nothing more frustrating than looking for a car and have to thrash your way through 35 Ferrari 250 GTO /25 Bugatti Veyrons all from the same guy...

Logged in today, and I had a message thanking me for my patience during the recent Cloud issues, and giving me a code for a free months membership.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I guess! :)

Logged in today, and I had a message thanking me for my patience during the recent Cloud issues, and giving me a code for a free months membership.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I guess! :)

I got that thank you note too...I look at it with mixed thoughts.

1. One free month 'better than a poke in the eyed with a sharp stick' true..:)
2. My renewal will be due right about the time I have to file my income tax..:nervous:

Latest Posts

Back