• Thread starter Slash
  • 15 comments

Slash

POWER BY FORD
Premium
United States
Indian Falls, NY
slashfan7964
Well I've got pair of ATV helmets that I've had as long as I can remember but I can't seem to find any information on them. I found them about a year ago but since lost track of it. I did manage tonight to find a single one on Ebay, but in the wrong color combination, selling for $149 with 9 hours left at the time of me making this post.

The helmet literally gives me nothing to go on except it reading FX by Fulmer on the side and a big FX logo on the front just above the visor. Googling it I've gound out the real name is FX by Fulmer Enduro, but I cannot find the color combination I have. I want to get a few more of these helmets as they are really comfortable but I'd like to have the right color combination as they would match with my ATV color combo.

The one on Ebay is a mustard yellow color with a blue S stripe and black padding. The 2 I own are solid white with a red S stripe and dark blue padding. I cannot find them anywhere, and I was lucky to find this one, let alone in the wrong combination of colors, as my ATV is white, red and blue as well.

Any help finding it would be much appreaciated. I mean are they really that rare? Especialy in the combination of colors I have?

If you can't find it, at least thanks for trying. For lack of a picture it looks like this:

Short point with >>> vents pointing out, S stripe starts from pont, curves up with eye holes then goes back over the helmet where your head is, and has several cuts through it and says FX by Fulmer on the stripe. There is a big FX just above the visor, visor is very short.

image.jpg

Last edited:
The fact that it's not a current helmet model means the chance of finding one is slim to none.

Why anyone would pay 90 bucks for that eBay helmet is beyond me. "This helmet is in good condition with the exception of the padding on the inside. It has rotted from sitting on the shelf for so many years."

Hey, guess what makes a helmet useful! Not to mention, comfortable.

The fact that you've had them "for as long as you can remember" is an issue as well. Helmets are not life-long pieces of equipment. As the foam and padding inside ages, it loses effectiveness. The helmet becomes not much more useful than riding bare-headed.

Seriously: find something new and current so you can keep your brains where they belong.

Old helmets are good only for decoration!

Well, and so the law doesn't pull you over while you save vigorously for a couple weeks for a good helmet brand new

I would get new ones but the ones I have are almost brand new (save for a few scratches and cosmetic wear). I figured I ask but I guess I'll grab apair of new ones haha. Thanks for the input.

Yeah definately grab new ones. You have some cool shelf decorations in the ole ones! I was given a Shoei that was about 10 years old over summer when I started looking for my bike, just so I'd have something to put on my head for the test ride. It was so broken down inside just from sitting the padding crumbled around my head every time I put it on. I think I would have been safer without it :lol:

It's unfortunate they don't make them anymore. I can't seem to find any info on them. Still I wonder how they could be worth so much.

If you want red white and blue, as well as modern, I would go for something like this.]

700_Shoei-Motocross-Helmet-VFX-W-Salute-TC2-red-white-blue-L.jpg

or this. I think this goes really well with the red white and blue scheme of the 200x. This is definitely better than the first pic I posted.

ONeal-7Series-UltraLite.jpg

I accept that they aren't really what you were after, but I think these would be better.

Wow those go really well with the colors of my current three wheeler. I might knab those if I get some extra money.

On an old ATV like the Hondas, I think the Oneal will look better. I think it's cheaper too, but still very good quality. I have an Oneal, and I'm still here.

I don't really care how cheap they are and yeah I was leaning towards that one. I usually never wear helmets but I probably should start.

I don't ride without one. I think it also has something to do with riding a Yamaha quad bike flat out in top gear, across a field, following another guy. We reache a gateway across to another field, only wide enough for one bike. He slowed down significantly, to wait for me. I came racing up behind, pulled the brakes, and nothing happened. Scary when going down hill.

Come to think of it the only time I wear one is when I ride with my grandpa. Other than that, I never ride with one on really. I've had some bad wrecks but never anything too bad. That said I've never taken any saftey courses or anything either. Nor do I plan to because now it's pointless. Pretty much all just common sense.

Yeah, unless it goes wrong. That's my fear, meaning I always wear a helmet. I don't wear a helmet on my bicycle, but have come off that and lande on my head. Not nice, but I was fine. When riding a motor vehicle properly, I always wear gear.

I probably should invest in new ones just in case. But for me it's always been first nature to fire it up and take off. The helmets are actually in the garage and the shed is on the other end of the yard so I don't really want to walk that far to get them. I just start it up and take off.

Don't even ask me how many times I rolled it going up too steep hills lol

Back