RastaJew's Newbie Gallery - Some new randoms

hmmm... i like the first one. for just starting out theyre not bad. what are you using gimp or photoshop?

I like the fourth shot. But it needs some smoothing out on the lines. It looks really nice in thumbnail view. But up close it reveals some flaws. RumbleStrip, and Road mostly. Minor details. Take the Blur tool and the Smudge tool to them and see what you get.

Cool pics, especially the NSX. I also use GIMP, and love it.
You can see some of my work on my sig link. But thats a good start bro keep it up.

I use gimp too. It gets easier to use the longer you use it.:)
As for cricism... the only flaw I can see is the contrast in the sky for the NSX pic is too high. And like what was already said, some lines on the evo pic could use smoothing. Check the link in my sig to see some Gimp edited pics.

Thank you for the great insight from talented people around the forum. Here are some more random pictures I want you to see.

Last edited:
Cool pictures. I just don’t like the third one, you should have left all the curvature in the rumble strip, you shouldn’t have cropped it, because it disturbed the line flow of the picture.
The other ones a quite good, especially the last one. I love contrast between the green and the yellow.
A tip may be to resize your pictures to a more comfortable size (+/- 900px), as it increases the quality of the picture.

That's a fascinating comment, LdS. I like to hear that other people are seeing details that I crudely overlooked. You've pointed out the kind of mistake that I will definitely look out for in the future.

Back