Ratchet & Clank (2016)

Only two new ones for the moment - good work with the available angles there Mr @torque99 :bowdown:
Ratchet _ Clank™_20160503170258.png
Ratchet _ Clank™_20160505115621.png

A few more beautiful screenshots-I love the artwork and details in each screen. Up close graphical detail/lighting is like a film right down to the draw distance and the cities :)
Not had a chance to see the film yet, but I had the same impression.

No worries Mr @torque99 the gold bolts are pretty much always tucked away somewhere high or sneakily hidden. A bit later, on the Gadgetron Homeworld, you'll pick up the 'map-o-matic' which will enable you to see their locations as well as all secret areas and the other items. You can revisit previous planets as often as you like.

Last edited:
@MeanElf thank you mate appreciated I thought I was having trouble finding the things, I was searching everywhere but kept falling off the high platforms -still a bit shaky in 3rd person things :lol: Enjoying the game it makes a nice change for a driving game for once ;)👍

@MeanElf thank you mate appreciated I thought I was having trouble finding the things, I was searching everywhere but kept falling off the high platforms -still a bit shaky in 3rd person things :lol: Enjoying the game it makes a nice change for a driving game for once ;)👍
That's a bit of a problem with the R&C games, what looks like a stable bit of peripheral walkway can mean you fall and die. The platforms you'll get used to, double jump helps - liking the pictures.

Hey all, I saw the movie, and well...

If you've played the game, there really is no reason to watch the movie, unless you're a die-hard fan and MUST see the movie. I personally didn't get anything out of watching it. It's pretty much the cutscenes without the action so the movie felt quite empty. I'm not stopping you from going, I'm just saying it's not really necessary to get the full experience.

Hey all, I saw the movie, and well...

If you've played the game, there really is no reason to watch the movie, unless you're a die-hard fan and MUST see the movie. I personally didn't get anything out of watching it. It's pretty much the cutscenes without the action so the movie felt quite empty. I'm not stopping you from going, I'm just saying it's not really necessary to get the full experience.

I had a feeling the game may be better than the movie..well more interactive/action as you say...I might get it on Bluray in the future 👍

I was playing around with the very recent patch that allows a combination of the plasma striker and the no-hud cheat to be used as a camera, and I found an extremely interesting, very cool bug, that allowed me to get a huge birds-eye view of the planet veldin. It involved a random platform that for some reason has the magical properties of breaking the zoom in the game, and i could not find any other spots in the game which caused this same bug (so far anyways). It seems to be replicable though, so you guys might want to try it. It can be replicated by standing on this here platform:
Ratchet _ Clank™_20160514200430_1.png

Once there, simply zoom in with the plasma striker and hold for a few seconds. You should know its working if the camera starts slowly falling to the ground. Give it a few seconds (10 or so) and then zoom out, if nothing is obvious then wriggle the camera around and it should shoot away from ratchet. The longer you stay zoomed in, the further out the camera goes. This is as far as i could get it:

Ratchet _ Clank™_20160514200125.png

you can just about make out the platform im standing on in the middle :dopey:

its also pretty awesome to that even from that far away everything appears to be rendered...
also its hilarious to start running around when all the way zoomed out, as you see little ant ratchet just hopping around.

Last edited:
Great pics Josh^^ If I knew how to get this plasma thing it would be a good start I wish I was better at platform games!!..How many gold things is it as I only have 1 :lol:? or where do I buy it from? :ill: I just past the sports factory so may not have seen it yet..This isn't easy for me!

Great pics Josh^^ If I knew how to get this plasma thing it would be a good start I wish I was better at platform games!!..How many gold things is it as I only have 1 :lol:? or where do I buy it from? :ill: I just past the sports factory so may not have seen it yet..This isn't easy for me!
Ah, yes, it appears in the vendors at about the halfway point in the game if I recall correctly, so keep at it! :)

Got my hands on the Plasma Striker!! :P After eventually taking down this beast and all his sidekicks..I thought he was never going to die..glad to see the back of him!! :scared: :crazy:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GMwnYE]Ratchet _ Clank™_20160515184036 by torque99, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HcLAGZ]Ratchet _ Clank™_20160515085536 by torque99, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GMwnNu]Ratchet _ Clank™_20160515085444 by torque99, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GMwny1]Ratchet _ Clank™_20160515085500 by torque99, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GMwosW]Ratchet _ Clank™_20160515085512 by torque99, on Flickr[/URL]

Finally got to see the film this afternoon. Lots of parody bits in there and quite a few linking bits that fleshed out the plot and even explained a few things not discussed or expanded upon in the game. I enjoyed it all. Nice how they worked the weapons wheel into the story.

MeanElf I watched movie month ago or so and really like it :) Maybe sometimes it was too sweet in few moments, but overall was a lot better than reviews were saying 👍

True, well, you know what reviewers are like, eh? ;)

I know too well and I'm not reading or never take seriously game reviews for 2-3 years :lol: But still I wanted to check how it is with movies... after watching it I think they were bashing and criticising this movie way too much :mad: especially in my country ;)

Latest Posts

Back