RB jr camber & toe on touring cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dwight42
  • 10 comments
  • 1,041 views
Messages
122
What are peeps referring to the RB jr car? In an earlier thread they said they used it in the 24 min weather changing marathon race. Whats the full name? Also I see camber being put on a R35 touring car 1.4 1.3 it was I think and 0.20 rear toe. How does this work on twisty tracks? I guess touring cars can have a little camber and a wee toe. Im not lookin for an explanation of camber and toe I know the basic idea what it does. Nascars need it for ovals to keep the tires griping the track. On road courses its all 0.00 Camber turns the wheels toe moves them in and out so I know basically. I don't understand usin camber and toe on twisty tracks.
 
Red Bull Junior. It's a Jr formula-type car. Sort of like a Radical or a Palmer Jag. I think you win it by getting at least 3rd in the Red Bull Jr chamionship (may need 1st).

Camber is useful for twisty tracks because you spend more time turning than on straights.

(If camber worked properly in GT6) you'd have little to no camber for mainly straights; tyre is flat - more tyre contact with road. And more camber for mainly corners; bottom of tyres sit diagonaly on road, outside tyre rolls over slightly whilst turning - increasing tyre contact with road and increasing grip.

Touring cars tend to race on complex, technical circuits with lots of corners hence the camber.
 
Everything @86Debris86 said is right. Just to point it out more clearly: The camber in GT6 is broken so anything other then 0 actually reduces grip.
 
@pyrates Oh yeah good shout. Cheers for the clarification. :cheers: I meant to go on to say that but obviously forgot in my haste.
 
ah ha realy so the tunes I saw disregard the camber and keep it all 0.00 , what about toe is it working? No wonder the R35 seem to grip best with no camber. Thanks guys:cheers::cool:
 
ah ha realy so the tunes I saw disregard the camber and keep it all 0.00 , what about toe is it working? No wonder the R35 seem to grip best with no camber. Thanks guys:cheers::cool:

Yep you will find most tunes use camber 0 for that reason. Toe does work, yes.
 
Great thanks pyrates for the critical info i see junior has -0.50 0.50 toe. Thats default and on the tune on this site its the same so i kept it there. btw won the 24 minute spa 750 race by just 20 secs i know it should be by a larger margin but i did it thats what counts. I LIKE this red bull junior its like an oversize 125 shifter kart lol. Doesnt go any faster than the shifter does it? hmm havnt tested. Note you all know this probably i discovored the oil change trick works on junior made it a 736PP 258hp. Amazing a 258hp car with 736PP.

a novel by me.
 
Great thanks pyrates for the critical info i see junior has -0.50 0.50 toe. Thats default and on the tune on this site its the same so i kept it there. btw won the 24 minute spa 750 race by just 20 secs i know it should be by a larger margin but i did it thats what counts. I LIKE this red bull junior its like an oversize 125 shifter kart lol. Doesnt go any faster than the shifter does it? hmm havnt tested. Note you all know this probably i discovored the oil change trick works on junior made it a 736PP 258hp. Amazing a 258hp car with 736PP.

a novel by me.

Yes the oil change gives all cars a HP boost. Starts wearing off after 200 km and is worn off completely after 300 km. So you would have to change it every 200 km to keep the boost at max.
 
Great thanks pyrates for the critical info i see junior has -0.50 0.50 toe. Thats default and on the tune on this site its the same so i kept it there. btw won the 24 minute spa 750 race by just 20 secs i know it should be by a larger margin but i did it thats what counts. I LIKE this red bull junior its like an oversize 125 shifter kart lol. Doesnt go any faster than the shifter does it? hmm havnt tested. Note you all know this probably i discovored the oil change trick works on junior made it a 736PP 258hp. Amazing a 258hp car with 736PP.

a novel by me.

Faster than the Shifter in what way and why would you have to test it? It has a higher top speed and takes corners much faster, if that helps. :)

Edit: second time one of my posts has done this, I really need to work out what I'm doing wrong. :lol:

Edit 2: thanks, @86Debris86, don't know why that solution didn't occur to me.
 
Last edited:
Edit: second time one of my posts has done this, I really need to work out what I'm doing wrong. :lol:

You got "bold" on. Hope I've been of assistance to you. :sly:

You turn it off by pressing the "B" again above the bit you type in. Best to type something to see if it has worked. Sometimes (on my phone at least) you need to press it a couple times to turn it off/on.
 
Oh, is that what that is? :dopey:

The funny thing is though, I didn't specify it for that much of the post (obviously) and it won't turn off no matter how much I edit that post. :grumpy::lol:

Edit: ah, just my phone being stupid then, not surprising.
 
Back