RC F GT500 '16 - NO POWER

• Thread starter mike53
  • 10 comments
Canada
Ontario, Canada
slo2know
This is very strange. My Lexus GT 500 has no power. It will slowly crawl around any track but from 3rd gear up, it won't even get into the power bar. Race, time trial - makes no difference. As far as I know, it's just this one car with the problem. I even deleted the tune and went back to stock settings. No difference. Anyone else experience this?

I read a while ago about someones engine blowing up, but I doubted it and never heard anything else similar.
How’s the oil etc? Many miles on the car?

I read a while ago about someones engine blowing up, but I doubted it and never heard anything else similar.
How’s the oil etc? Many miles on the car?
Oil is excellent. Only 11km n the car. Yes, 11. I can't help thinking that I'm missing something.

This is very strange. My Lexus GT 500 has no power. It will slowly crawl around any track but from 3rd gear up, it won't even get into the power bar. Race, time trial - makes no difference. As far as I know, it's just this one car with the problem. I even deleted the tune and went back to stock settings. No difference. Anyone else experience this?
Can you provide video of this using the console Share/Create functions? It's pretty much impossible to diagnose (absent fluke guesses) otherwise.

11k is a lot for a race car. Have you looked at the car in the garage, it will show you Oil, Engine, and Chassis condition. But I have never heard of an engine getting that bad.

Also, what are gears set to? Assuming you don't have top speed set to like 500kmh and it reaches its actual (much lower) top speed in third?

Can you provide video of this using the console Share/Create functions? It's pretty much impossible to diagnose (absent fluke guesses) otherwise.
Sorry, I'm old and tech illiterate. Wouldn't know how to do this. I guess I'll just have to leave this one parked in the garage. Any and all fluke guesses will be appreciated, though.

11k is a lot for a race car. Have you looked at the car in the garage, it will show you Oil, Engine, and Chassis condition. But I have never heard of an engine getting that bad.

Also, what are gears set to? Assuming you don't have top speed set to like 500kmh and it reaches its actual (much lower) top speed in third?
Sorry, you misread my post. That's 11 kilometres. NOT 11 thousand.

Sorry, I'm old and tech illiterate. Wouldn't know how to do this. I guess I'll just have to leave this one parked in the garage. Any and all fluke guesses will be appreciated, though.
It's pretty much a one-button deal; your console is always recording what it sees, you just need to tell it what to save. This is how it works on PS4:

It's very similar on PS5, but the button is called "Create" rather than "Share".

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me and I tried a bunch of different things to no avail. I really liked the car though and I wanted to use it so I went to get the engine replaced with a new one. When I went to the shop I hit the engine overhaul option and the service guy came out halfway through the animation. He said squirrels had been hiding walnuts under the hood of the car and it was in "limp mode" because it thinks somethings broken. Like wow that was it?!? I always use this car so it's parked outside the Cafe when not in use and those little devils must be in the trees and hide their nuts in there. Way cheaper than the repairs though.

Sounds like OP has, or someone that has been on the game, has turned down the power of the car via the settings sheet in the garage.

I can't see this being anything else.

Back