Re-expriencing GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter C_Raccoon23
  • 21 comments
  • 2,679 views

C_Raccoon23

Local Trash Panda 🦝
Premium
Messages
5,771
United States
USA
Messages
TPC_Raccooon23
Messages
CRaccoon23
This is something that has been on my mind lately. I have been thinking of making a new account on my PS3 to start a new file in GT5 once PSN is back up. What will be different though is having access to Seasonal Events that are now permanent, the Online Dealership, Remote B-spec and other features at the very start of the game.

Many on us here, me included, started playing GT5 as soon as it was released and experienced much of the game before it was updated with these features and a lot of us still are disappointed in GT5.

But I am wondering that maybe if one were to start GT5 over but this time with these features thrown in, it will be much more enjoyable to play through than it was the first time since PD expanded the game quite a bit and took care of some issues. I have a feeling I will be more satisfied with GT5 if I tried this.

What do you guys think? Has anyone been thinking of doing this too?
 
Last edited:
Seems like a good idea, I've actually already tried this with several other accounts on my PS3 a month ago. It felt a bit more fun, but still didn't make up for my disappointment with the game overall.
 
Nothing really changed in A-Spec or B-Spec. A few extremely minor details here and there, besides Seasonals.

The big changes are like..
Easier to bronze X2010
You can adjust gear ratios individually
 
Well I started at the beginning as well, and I adjusted to the changes...If I was you, I wouldn't restart, just keep playing because there are so many updates already...they might just keep updating and you'll just have to keep restarting every time they update.
 
I did restart about 3.5 weeks ago. However, I did it the hard way, sort of. I deleted the save file and started a new game. The method behind my madness was to see if I could do it and not spend a lot of money until I'd achieved high level 30 on A&B, had $20 mil to buy my own X1. Has the experience been anymore enjoyable? Some. I like challenges and this is definitely a challenge.

There are 3 things that would make it more so for me. The AI. If you've ever played Race Driver Grid, for example, you know the AI doesn't play around when trying to win. From the very first race it's hot and heavy. Seems like the AI in GT5 is on a pace and that's all it will do.

The other things are $$$ and Experience pts. What you earn for events is ridiculous and totally out of proportion to one another. A-spec is supposed to be career mode. In the "real" world you couldn't earn enough to buy new cars and maintain them.

Endurance level, leveling is a joke. You have to grind so many times to move up.

I guess what I've done is made a game out of the game this time around to make it more enjoyable.

This is my 2nd time around journal: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198534
 
You are disappointed with the game, and yet you're willing to play it though again in the hope you will get more out of it.

There's something very commendable about that.

I'd say try it. Starting from nothing can be satisfying, but I'm not confident the updates/changes are deep enough to really make much of an impact on a 2nd play through.
 
I made a new account since PSN went down, will hopefully complete all A-spec and B-spec races without buying a car and with keeping all my prize cars with 0 miles 0 switches.

I was surprised at how much I have improved with regards to the license and Special Events, from when I did them the 1st time round when the game had just been released. I got quite a few more golds on the 1st try this time. I really struggled with the expert karting events last time round, but this time I won by miles.
 
Although I've restarted GT5 my advice is to try One Make Races with damages ON
Take a premium Corvette keep it stock, go to GT Auto, RM, it paint it in the color you want, choose your race number and than race in your favourite tracks. If the AI isn't fast enough reduce the engine limiter to 90 / 80 % and you'll find a challange.
 
Well I started at the beginning as well, and I adjusted to the changes...If I was you, I wouldn't restart, just keep playing because there are so many updates already...they might just keep updating and you'll just have to keep restarting every time they update.

You're right about the updates. I can see some major ones coming in the future, especially with track logos that were found. But the game has changed a lot since November, so I still think this is worth doing at least once.

You are disappointed with the game, and yet you're willing to play it though again in the hope you will get more out of it.

There's something very commendable about that.

I'd say try it. Starting from nothing can be satisfying, but I'm not confident the updates/changes are deep enough to really make much of an impact on a 2nd play through.

Thank you. I still haven't given up on GT5, as I have hope it can still be a great racing game we all want it to be. I'm encouraging everyone who is bored of GT5 and disappointed in the gameplay to try this.

But as I said above the game has changed a lot since it's release. There are a few reasons why playing GT5 again will be different from my first experience.

• Seasonal events will provide more to do in the game and eliminate more of the grind I went through at first, by providing more opportunities for XP and money.

• With remote racing, I will never have to worry about money, so again much less grinding for cars or parts I need.
 
• With remote racing, I will never have to worry about money, so again much less grinding for cars or parts I need.

When guys reach a certain level on B-spec generally lvl 35 they quit remote racing. Which means you've gotta keep finding new people to remote who actually do it. One idea is to get-up with guys where everyone promises to run at least one remote every day or every other day.

Good luck with the restart! It's still a grind, but your experience and some of the resources guys have posted on the site, like the Matrix will help get you through it easier.
 
When guys reach a certain level on B-spec generally lvl 35 they quit remote racing. Which means you've gotta keep finding new people to remote who actually do it. One idea is to get-up with guys where everyone promises to run at least one remote every day or every other day.

Good luck with the restart! It's still a grind, but your experience and some of the resources guys have posted on the site, like the Matrix will help get you through it easier.

When the PSN was up, I still Remote Raced, as I like the extra dough that comes from the 1st National Bank-o-Bob.
 
The question is are you happy with the game the way it is now?
You still know the inn’s and out's of the game the way it is, so I can't see the experience being different/better for you on a 2nd dig. Your expectations have been met already (or haven't) and knowing that won’t make much of a difference if you go again. The updates for GT5 are like putting ketchup on some dried out fries.... same fries, just a slightly different taste.

The major disappointment I have with this game doesn’t detract from the fact that it is still the best racing sim ever in my opinion. If it wasn’t for the physics or the premium cars of the game (the only things I believe that makes the game great) then I probably would have stopped playing after a week. I feel that the updates have done nothing to fix the major flaw that is the rest of the game.


Hope you find what you are after though... as I have tried what you are contemplating and still fell short. Good luck. 👍
 
I did re-start GT5 in Feb. I sold a few cars on my original game that I shouldn't have. Two friends had just bought the game. I was up to the enduros. I stopped and started fresh.

But I didn't delete the old game. I sent 3 cars that I wanted to send over. (AU XR8, Escudo and TVR Speed 12.) *this was before the $1mil cap. My first account became my trading account and my Bspec account.

I started to race with lower power on my cars to make races more competitive. I even lost a couple because I set it too low. But I have enjoyed it more this time around. My 3 cars have not been raced, just driven to test tracks, have fun.
 
If you want to start over I would suggest 'birthdaying' yourself a 66' jag xj13, and skip Bspec all together. With the Seasonal Events and OCD, you won't have to grind out for much money. Only major expense will be a FGT and German Touring car(Possibly a Ferrari Formula 1 car). You can't buy an X2010 until you are level 40, not 30 so you don't need the money for that. Plus there really isn't any Aspec races that X2010 is really fun to use.
 
The question is are you happy with the game the way it is now?
You still know the inn’s and out's of the game the way it is, so I can't see the experience being different/better for you on a 2nd dig. Your expectations have been met already (or haven't) and knowing that won’t make much of a difference if you go again. The updates for GT5 are like putting ketchup on some dried out fries.... same fries, just a slightly different taste.

The major disappointment I have with this game doesn’t detract from the fact that it is still the best racing sim ever in my opinion. If it wasn’t for the physics or the premium cars of the game (the only things I believe that makes the game great) then I probably would have stopped playing after a week. I feel that the updates have done nothing to fix the major flaw that is the rest of the game.


Hope you find what you are after though... as I have tried what you are contemplating and still fell short. Good luck. 👍

The only thing I wish is that GT Life lasted longer, but I don't think it would hurt to play it all over again, even though it's shorter than the games before it. It was fun for me while it lasted, so why not do it again? And the seasonals and other add-ons can make it better.

About expriencing the game again, I think it can make a difference from the first time. Sure, I won't be surprised about things from I saw initially, but I can better prepare for challenges and races later in the game since I know what's coming. And that means less frustration. I've experienced this with other games I've played.

But we will see what happens once PSN is back. I may post here again if playing through GT5 once more was as good as I hoped. And thanks, btw. 👍

When guys reach a certain level on B-spec generally lvl 35 they quit remote racing. Which means you've gotta keep finding new people to remote who actually do it. One idea is to get-up with guys where everyone promises to run at least one remote every day or every other day.

Good luck with the restart! It's still a grind, but your experience and some of the resources guys have posted on the site, like the Matrix will help get you through it easier.

I have second account on my PS3 that I use to run all 6 of the drivers on my main, and I will do the same thing for my second play through if I need to, so I have nothing to worry about.

And thanks. I noticed your journal. Keep it up. 👍
 
Can't you just run all the races again anyway? And try them with different cars? Or is there just no fun to be had if you aren't unlocking new stuff? In the third case, I'm not sure how much better it can be since you already know what you'll unlock and it's pretty underwhelming the first time.

I had a decently fun time going through, but that's because I got enjoyment out of running most events at first in a car that barely stood a chance, and then refining my time before very slowly upgrading bits to get just barely fast enough to win. So I lost a lot, which apparently isn't fun for some people. I also started late when you got more XP for everything.

They've made the AI less competitive so that's another issue with doing it again. In order to make most events challenging at all I had to have a car that had absolutely no chance if somebody got far enough ahead that I couldn't slipstream, which is a very frustrating way to race. Maybe they'll fix that in the future.

I'll never get all the cars anyway.
 
Can't you just run all the races again anyway? And try them with different cars? Or is there just no fun to be had if you aren't unlocking new stuff? In the third case, I'm not sure how much better it can be since you already know what you'll unlock and it's pretty underwhelming the first time.

I could do that, but for me, it's more fun to start from the bottom again and get better cars as you progress, than repeating existing races with all the cars you want unlocked/bought. This applies to a lot of the racing games that I own. And since I know what's ahead, I can play it through again differently than I did before if I want to, which I am, since seasonals and other features weren't part of my initial experience.
 
Sounds good. All that matters is that it's fun for you.
 
When PSN went down, I played around with a sub-account I had made to do the original seasonals and host remote races. It was level 25/26, but none of the races had been completed. So, I get to start fresh, but I can pretty much start whatever races I want. It's honestly been pretty fun so far. And, I've got a few fun new cars to send to my main account.
 
I basically started using the A Spec in my secondary GT5 account, I haven't purchased a single car, and haven't done a single A Spec race as of yet. I am currently doing the Special Events and for some reason they seem a little easier than I remembered from when GT5 first burst out the gates.

PSN went down and that is when I decided to do this, currently at level 16, only car purchased was the first one, haven't driven it, just upgraded it. I am trying to see how far I can get in A Spec points without actually playing a single A Spec race. It's actually fun to get that far and not even touch the A spec races and no online Seasonal Events. It's actually interesting as i have yet to touch the license tests either. B Spec is sitting at a lovely 25 not a single B Spec race done, all through remote racing. Pays to have multiple accounts, will make one more to really have a fleet of racers and cars to trade between them.
 
Well i had to start new carrer mode on gt5 , becauze my old PS3 got ylod , now i'm going quite well , yah psn still down but its still fun to race with the same hp/weight cars not tunned max as i was doing in old carrer ;)
 
So I finally decided to take the time to play GT5 all over again from the beginning through a different account.

I used the account I use to grind the B-spec drivers on my main, so I started off with 800,000 Cr. and at level 23 B-spec, so money isn't a problem right now.

At level 9 A-spec currently. I'm alternating between A-spec events, then special events, and then doing one race in the seasonal events. Rinse and repeat. I'll see how long I can keep this cycle up. I'm also using premium cars only this time, if the events allow it.

It's really a lot more enjoyable starting from the bottom again, instead of repeating existing races with all the cars I want, like on my main account. Not sure if I'll reach the inevitable grind with seasonals and other features available from the very start.

So far, I'm really having fun with GT5 again, but let's see how long it lasts. :)
 
Back