Re-install game data and lose your tracks

• Thread starter grog
  • 3 comments
United States
Humboldt / CA
GT-R_HumboldtEF
I just had some freezing issues so I decided to delete and re-install the game data (not the game save), and I had a feeling that I might lose my pictures and tracks, which I did.

So I just wanted to warn people that this will happen.
I was able to salvage 1 track which was shared on my other account, although I was only able to find it before going back to that account. From my main account the track showed up as shared but when I loaded up that other account the track was gone. So your shared track can be retrived from a seperate account, but once you load that save it disappears.

If you have to do this you could ask a friend to download all your tracks, and then have them load the tracks one by one after re-installing.

Oh and pictures also vanish as well as some vehicle thumbnails.

It would be awesome if PD would include tracks and pictures in the main game save not the game data, I mean thats where it really should be.

Oh and the options menu has a feature to salvage lost files but it didn't do anything.

Last edited:
It'll make the main save too big and will increase loading times.

But I do see your point, it's a pain to lose your tracks.

Did you get S to the SS, or do you need me to share it for you?

No it was a different track that I saved, i still need to get that one. Whenever you get a chance to share it just let me know. thanks

Latest Posts

Back