Re: Looking for Keyboard to use in PC2PS4 

United States
United States
Looking for a reliable Bluetooth keyboard to use button assignments in PC2. I have one that plugs into my PS4 controller; (See below photo) but it goes into sleep mode after just a few seconds and I have to manually reset the power switch to reuse it once again. I have replaced the keyboard twice at no charge under warranty with the same results; so I have just gave up trying to use the same setup. Does anyone know of a good and reliable wireless keyboard that I can use that does not cost a ton of money?

329000498.jpg

Wireless keyboards always seem to go into sleep mode which is fine for typing but not when you need an instant response to say pressing your traction control assignment.

Wired is the way to go in my view if you want always-on responsiveness. I use a cheapo numpad and the button icons by Asturbo over at the official project cars forums. This sort of thing:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=229500&d=1452289957

Last edited:
Wireless keyboards always seem to go into sleep mode which is fine for typing but not when you need an instant response to say pressing your traction control assignment.

Wired is the way to go in my view if you want always-on responsiveness. I use a cheapo numpad and the button icons by Asturbo over at the official project cars forums. This sort of thing:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiwzvWut-faAhUEy6QKHYGiD4wQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45769-Keyboard-Stickers-Templates-designed-for-Project-CARS&psig=AOvVaw05sF6depDR2Hogs5dLC3Oo&ust=1525364394394939

I, too, picked up a cheapo number pad at Walmart (wired) and it works great!

I use a Logitech K480 I got just for the purpose as PS4 Blutooth keyboard. Always there when I want, if I forget to wake up tapping a key will get me connected in a couple of seconds (I use mainly for messaging and altering seat position.)
I think they are dirt cheap too these days. I have too many wires as it is in my lounge this suits me perfectly. Best of all it has a long ridge to support a cell phone or tablet. Enough room for a cell and tablet or two 7 inch tablets both loaded up with telemetry apps!

A standard wired QWERTY USB keyboard can be picked up for next to nothing, used...

Just wondering, but if you are sitting close to the TV and console or computer, why wireless?

I did the same @texasbuickgn to discover later on that it was a hype for me more than anything else!
The buttons I assigned to it were "seat position settings" and some other useless functions that I never use (like seat position and other stuff).
This is because I have a G29 which has 17 buttons in total!!! That's more than enough for a PS4 game.
I then remapped some relatively important stuff to that keyboard just to feel that it's a bit useful (ABS, TC, SC).

Check attached image.
Sorry for crappy stickers and crappy tape installation but that's because I'm not sure those are the final buttons I want and the rig is not final either.
It's cool nonetheless!
20180502_000023.jpg

I did the same @texasbuickgn to discover later on that it was a hype for me more than anything else!
The buttons I assigned to it were "seat position settings" and some other useless functions that I never use (like seat position and other stuff).
This is because I have a G29 which has 17 buttons in total!!! That's more than enough for a PS4 game.
I then remapped some relatively important stuff to that keyboard just to feel that it's a bit useful (ABS, TC, SC).

Check attached image.
Sorry for crappy stickers and crappy tape installation but that's because I'm not sure those are the final buttons I want and the rig is not final either.
It's cool nonetheless!
View attachment 734018

Great looking keypad Georgeagea! Maybe I should label mine as well.

Great looking keypad Georgeagea! Maybe I should label mine as well.
You definitely should man. You just can't remember all the buttons.
I was gutted though to know that some buttons cannot be assigned (or assigning them could cause issues): the 2 red and blue square as well as the red arrow. So ended up with 15 buttons instead of the total 18 in my case.

Attachments

• Stickers.png
    Stickers.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 162
You definitely should man. You just can't remember all the buttons.
I was gutted though to know that some buttons cannot be assigned (or assigning them could cause issues): the 2 red and blue square as well as the red arrow. So ended up with 15 buttons instead of the total 18 in my case.

Thanks for the photo. How did you actually attach these labels to the keypad?

I use an older wired PS3 keyboard. A tad smaller than a standard keyboard.

The stickers, I printed them on self adhesive address posting labels, then cut to size.

View attachment 734051
I tried to use a wired keyboard connected to a USB hub but after a few minutes the game will switch the main control from my wheel to the keyboard and I have to unplug both and reset the wheel.

Any advice?

Any adjustments tot the PS,4 to work? Mine doesn't work , PS4 see the keyboard, but in game the assignments of the buttons doesn't work
I had that too. Make sure the top left button is turned off (if there's a led light it should be off) That was my issue!

Back