Re: personal attacks and insults.

  • Thread starter Thread starter soptom
  • 3 comments
  • 736 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
218
Another thread locked due to persistant name calling and whining, even if it's part hidden in a useful post, why is this? While we can all do without this (I've been guilty in the past), it is sometimes understandable. Due to the people involved being genuine (I think), I'm not going to dispute their credentials but it can be difficult offering an opinion when someone consistently ends their posts by stating that they have a lot of automotive background implying that they know what they are talking about and therefore if you dis-agree, you are wrong. This can get frustrating if you have a valid point but others shoot you down because they choose to err on the side of the "experienced" user. It is perfectly alright to state your background if someone wants to know what you base something on, but not in nearly every thread. I also know someone on an entirely different forum (and subject) who actively claims to be something he isn't and backs it up using Google rather than experience.
Mods, feel free to delete, move or p.m. me with any opinion, warning, whatever, I know this isn't a popular view but it is one where I can see why the "incident " developed and I just wanted to put forward a view while trying not to insult.
 
I agree, there is way to many arguments here on GTP, we must do something to stop it
 
It would help if people like Cobra_UK could control their tempers better instead of lashing out at everyone who disagrees with them.
 
The first step to stopping an argument is not allowing yourself to become involved.

Stopping arguments is not simple and we (the mod staff) do our best to keep things civil.

I closed the thread in question.

Did I make the right decision or would it have been better to wait for some serious AUP / TOS violations?

I understand and appreciate the interest in keeping this forum at its best, however, doing what is best for the forum comes down to each of us as individuals. 👍

Remember what Smokey The Bear says...
"Only you can prevent forest fires!"

Well here on the gtp it is the same way except we fight a different kind of flame. ;)

Hope you all can understand our motivations when moderating.
Thanks again for the interest.

Now I suggest that any further discussion of this subject is taken to the "site feedback" forum where a search should bring you to the appropriate thread.

Anyway, have fun on the forums and thanks for doing your best to keep this place in great shape. :bowdown:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back