Re: Problem or Bug: Unable to Change Race Start Type???

United States
United States
Newbie is having a problem in changing the race start type. Whenever I start a new custom race against the AI vehicles; I am unable to change the start type in the Race Settings screen as it has been grayed out. It says that it is set to a Rolling start; whenever you actually start the race; every vehicle is parked waiting for the lights to change to green. I have tried selecting different tracks and vehicles but I am still unable to change any race start settings. Any help would be appreciated.

Hmm, that's the same exact problem I had. I don't remember seeing anything that said there was a template selected but I could have missed it I suppose. I didn't pick a template but I did look at them briefly before(I thought) cancelling out of the screen. Maybe I inadvertently selected one without knowing it, will check next time.

Just checked all of my settings Bealdor and Morgoth_666 and I do not have any templates preset or anything. I still am unable to change the start type in the Race Settings screen as it has been grayed out. It says that it is set to a Rolling start; whenever you actually start the race; every vehicle is parked waiting for the lights to change to green. I have tried selecting different tracks and vehicles but I am still unable to change any race start settings.

Bug

You must first go to another track like Monza and select Rolling Start. Just start that race and exit. (the UI is getting stuck here, and it applies the previous race settings to your next race)

Then come back to your oval race and you will get the rolling start as you desire.

Known issue, should be fixed next patch i heard (not with company anymore so don't know exact patch notes/contents).

Thanks for that info and I will try that and see if it works. Right now when I run a race at Daytona for an example; it says that it is set at a rolling start; but when you actually start a race everyone is parked waiting for the green light.

Bug

You must first go to another track like Monza and select Rolling Start. Just start that race and exit. (the UI is getting stuck here, and it applies the previous race settings to your next race)

Then come back to your oval race and you will get the rolling start as you desire.

Known issue, should be fixed next patch i heard (not with company anymore so don't know exact patch notes/contents).

Thanks as that finally solved the problem! Many thanks for that suggestion.

Nice to see that this bug is not fixed in 1.4. But the work-around still works, so thank you to @The_American. I can run proper race starts at Daytona Road now. Kind of silly that the tires and brakes still start out pre-heated so there's nothing to particularly do on the warmup lap, but it's still better to have it than not.

Testing it cost me a race start, but only one as you don't need to actually start the dummy race you use to reset the start type, just load it. It's not like offline race starts vs wins isn't a basically pointless stat anyway as it will count a loss any time you start a race to test something with the AI or if you have any kind of glitch or get called away, let alone if you run races just for challenge instead of being guaranteed a shot at winning. I suppose online wins don't mean much more as that is completely dependent on the competition. What was I talking about again?

Back