Re: Transmission options, the MFD, and QoL/UX change suggestions.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 2 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
This could apply to either a future GT Sport update, or for another GT game in itself.

Transmission options:
-When buying a car, I think that's where you should pick your transmission, and it'd reflect the real-world options for that car. You also wouldn't be able to change the transmission after buying it - though a potentially expensive upgrade could do so. I also think there could be more than just AT vs. MT transmission options, as there are plenty of cars that may have "semi-auto" transmissions, or even let you pick between MT & AT on the go. (As an aside, I also wonder if there could be further differentiation between 4WD & AWD cars? [Both would still be eligible for the 4WD Challenge, though.] Or if there may even end up being FMR cars in the series that will have its own label, like the Aston Martin Rapide? I'd still make that sort of car eligible for FR events, though, rather than MR, given that FMR isn't nearly as common as rear-ward MR.)
-Similarly, I think for further immersion, it could be an option to enable "local measurements," in that if you buy a car that uses MPH in real life (including USDM-spec cars, like the Nissan GT-R R35 Premium that's in GT Sport), your HUD will do so as well, and likewise for cars that use KPH.

MFD:
-I don't believe every single car should necessarily have the ability to dynamically adjust its fuel map, TCS level, and brake balancing as one drives if the real-world equivalent cannot do so. (I would prohibit TCS/brake balance tuning in events where settings are fixed.) However, in a future installment, perhaps this could become something that can be adjusted on-the-go if one purchases an upgrade of some sort, much like how you could adjust downforce on some cars only after buying aerodynamic parts. With all this in mind, I would also use the MFD as a way to potentially use other "dynamic features" of a car that it'd have in the real world. For example, KERS/DRS, like in the Ferrari LaFerrari or Mercedes W08. Or, being able to map the drivetrain's power map, like how the BMW M5 F90 can do so in Need for Speed Payback.

Livery editor QoL/UX change suggestions:
-For "real car paints," there should be further options to either sort by manufacturer, or also include which paints originate from which automaker.
-When adding a driver name, I'd also add the option to input custom text, instead of being limited to your PSN name. (1)

(1) This could be something that's at the beginning, where you put in your full name, which is then further abbreviated like a typical driver's name. (First letter of first name, then full surname.) This could also appear in lieu of your PSN name when signing contracts like with manufacturers, obtaining licenses, and potentially as an option when adding the driver's name to a car in the livery editor. I think the PS3 games had a similar option, but I'm not sure.

FMR cars in the series that will have its own label, like the Aston Martin Rapide? I'd still make that sort of car eligible for FR events

FMR is an utterly stupid distinction and is nothing more than a marketing buzzword used to sell sports cars. Have you ever heard an 86 or S2000 owner say they have a mid-engined car? Because I have. Many times. A sucker is born every day!

In reality it only means 1 of 2 things; your engine is decidedly small for the chassis, or you have absolutely zero trunk space. Usually both. It's not equatable to the distinction from MR and RR because there is no mass-production car that ever came with an engine that was completely in front of the front axle, apart from a Lorry or something like that.

The moment of inertia difference between FR and FMR will always be considerably smaller than that between FMR and MR. And this FR/FMR gap will only get smaller as technology increases; engine size decreases, and things like engine placement inevitably has a smaller effect on handling. Because of this, for all intents and purposes, there really is no reason to discern between FR and FMR. Especially if there's only like <5 cars in this game that qualify.

This could apply to either a future GT Sport update, or for another GT game in itself.

Transmission options:
-When buying a car, I think that's where you should pick your transmission, and it'd reflect the real-world options for that car. You also wouldn't be able to change the transmission after buying it - though a potentially expensive upgrade could do so. I also think there could be more than just AT vs. MT transmission options, as there are plenty of cars that may have "semi-auto" transmissions, or even let you pick between MT & AT on the go. (As an aside, I also wonder if there could be further differentiation between 4WD & AWD cars? [Both would still be eligible for the 4WD Challenge, though.] Or if there may even end up being FMR cars in the series that will have its own label, like the Aston Martin Rapide? I'd still make that sort of car eligible for FR events, though, rather than MR, given that FMR isn't nearly as common as rear-ward MR.)
-Similarly, I think for further immersion, it could be an option to enable "local measurements," in that if you buy a car that uses MPH in real life (including USDM-spec cars, like the Nissan GT-R R35 Premium that's in GT Sport), your HUD will do so as well, and likewise for cars that use KPH.

MFD:
-I don't believe every single car should necessarily have the ability to dynamically adjust its fuel map, TCS level, and brake balancing as one drives if the real-world equivalent cannot do so. (I would prohibit TCS/brake balance tuning in events where settings are fixed.) However, in a future installment, perhaps this could become something that can be adjusted on-the-go if one purchases an upgrade of some sort, much like how you could adjust downforce on some cars only after buying aerodynamic parts. With all this in mind, I would also use the MFD as a way to potentially use other "dynamic features" of a car that it'd have in the real world. For example, KERS/DRS, like in the Ferrari LaFerrari or Mercedes W08. Or, being able to map the drivetrain's power map, like how the BMW M5 F90 can do so in Need for Speed Payback.

Livery editor QoL/UX change suggestions:
-For "real car paints," there should be further options to either sort by manufacturer, or also include which paints originate from which automaker.
-When adding a driver name, I'd also add the option to input custom text, instead of being limited to your PSN name. (1)

(1) This could be something that's at the beginning, where you put in your full name, which is then further abbreviated like a typical driver's name. (First letter of first name, then full surname.) This could also appear in lieu of your PSN name when signing contracts like with manufacturers, obtaining licenses, and potentially as an option when adding the driver's name to a car in the livery editor. I think the PS3 games had a similar option, but I'm not sure.
99% of USDM vehicles are also sold in Canada in km/h

Back