READ THE OP! GTP Cool Wall Nomination Thread [Always accepting more cars!]

• Thread starter Snikle
  • 3,560 comments
800px-1997-1999_Toyota_Camry.jpg

My question, sedan only or all body styles?

Is it the same Camry that eminembeastfan used to beat all those cocky Benz drivers that challenged him to street races, because if so, Insta-Sub Zero :lol:

Jahgee1124
Is it the same Camry that eminembeastfan used to beat all those cocky Benz drivers that challenged him to street races, because if so, Insta-Sub Zero :lol:

It's not about how big your engine is, you just need to know how to do it :sly:

They aren't. Badasp, I'm gonna need proof that this was a Steeda production car.

Go ahead and make a nomination Roger. I'll clarify the rules.

They were available for Sale via qualified Ford Dealers much like Saleen (My local dealer RICH FORD in Albquerque had a few along with SALEEN S351s and S281s back in the late '90s). You raise a good point on them since I am not sure if Steeda is considered a auto maker like SALEEN and NOT "just" a Tuner.

I had to lol since the link posted was my thread on Steeda' website looking for info. I have been trying to compile info on these cars since there isnt much online and they were my favorite tuner mustangs when I was in HS and just getting into cars.

Sorry if I broke the rules. I wasnt sure if "Modified" included tuners or not.

Last edited:
It's not that Steeda or Saleen aren't auto-makers, it's simply that the cars for both, S7 aside, are modified cars. So yes, I'm gonna have to nix the Steeda, but I may announce something new for the wall once I have thought it through.

And it's alright. The rules are there, yes, but it doesn't hurt anything to go ahead on something questionable like this. Go ahead and make a new nomination, and I'll clarify the rule a bit.

Lincoln Mark VIII

Image-of-Lincoln-Mark-VIII-dark-green.jpg

190243d1248978243-1998-lincoln-mark-viii-lsc-collectors-edition-1998cemarkviii058.jpg

Lincoln Mark VIII
Class: Personal luxury car
Price: $37,000+ (I will update with the correct MSRP later)
Engine: 32V DOHC "Modular/InTech" V8
Body Style: 2-door coupe
Drivetrain: Front-engined, rear wheel drive
Power: 280 hp (210 kW) @ 5500 rpm to 290 hp (220 kW) @ 5750 rpm
Transmission: 4 Speed Auto
0-62: 7.0 seconds
Weight: 3780LBS

Whats not to love powerfull 32v V8 with a HUGE aftermarket following. Independant rear suspension RWD and a super sleek body

Those must be the least flattering picture of the Mark VIII ever taken. They look a lot better than that from pretty much any other angle. Especially the earlier ones.

Those must be the least flattering picture of the Mark VIII ever taken. They look a lot better than that from pretty much any other angle. Especially the earlier ones.

A lot better than that can still be eye meltingly ugly... :crazy:

Didn't a very lightly salted Mark VIII do something like 180mph at Bonneville?

Entirely possible. But speed is not a major factor in coolness. A car can be cool or uncool regardless of its speed, although a proper Q car like a Lotus Carlton or a Fiat Marea Weekend with the engine from the Fiat Coupe Turbo is indeed cool.

I'm going to let you make your mind up about how cool it is to be seen driving a car that makes you look like a pimp on their way to Halfords...

Last edited:

Absolutely. I've always liked the looks of the Mark VIII. For its time, it looked like a freaking space ship.

A lot better than that can still be eye meltingly ugly...

I'm going to let you make your mind up about how cool it is to be seen driving a car that makes you look like a pimp on their way to Halfords...

It may be ugly to you, but that's just your opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And Google Images isn't exactly the best place to look for pictures of stock Mark VIII's...

And pimps aren't gonna be driving a Mark VIII. I won't go into too much detail, but there's not really enough room for many ladies in the back seat.

The Insignia is normally the exception to a rule. That version is the exception to that exception. Work it out yourself.

There are two that I need to bring up...
Firstly, the MINI Countryman PPIHC Unlimited Class car -
mini-countryman-pikes-peak.jpg

4899931411653859867.jpg

912 BHP
Not much else known , but that front wing and the sheer size of the rear one just make this one epic MINI.

Secondly, the Dacia Lodgy Glace Trophee Andros
dacia-lodgy-trophee-andros-2011-10583192cqulg.jpg

ee62a8f65e387fbdc02dd823ef21559d.jpg

Nissan V6
350 BHP
360 NM of torque
7500 RPM
950 KG
Just looks so cool:tup:
EDIT - sorry just read about the 1 car per person rules.

Can I just suggest that we might want to up the number of cars being polled from 2 to 3 per week? We're getting rather close to the thirty car maximum for the waiting list. Obviously it's up to BKGlover how often polls occur, but I am merely putting forward a proposition. Thank you.

Very seriously thinking about it. I'm not suspending nominations though, nor is there a cap, but at the rate we are going, the latest would go up mid-November.

Subaru Legacy GT-B

9602784266_3ce851ac5c_b.jpg

Stats that Matter:

Production: 1998 - 2000 (pre-facelift)
Style: 4 door wagon/estate
Engine: 2.0L Flat Four Boxer (280 BHP manual, 260 BHP automatic)
Transmission: 5 speed manual, 4 speed automatic
Layout: Front-engine, all wheel drive

Fun fact: It only weighs 1,520kg unlaiden, just 90kg more than a 4 door Impreza STi (GDB Version)! It's no surprise that it does 0-60 in 5.8 sec.

And another: Tommykaria toyed with this model, making a few bodykits and even a fully blown car.

Additional Information

Wikipedia

Last edited:
Pontiac Aztek

800px-2002-05_Pontiac_Aztek.jpg

Manufacturer General Motors
Production 2001–2005
Body style 4-door SUV
Layout Front engine, front-wheel drive/all-wheel drive
Platform U-body/GMT250
Engine 3.4 L LA1 V6
Transmission 4-speed 4T65-E automatic
Wheelbase 108.3 in (2,751 mm)
Length 192.1 in (4,625 mm)
Width 73.7 in (1,872 mm)
Height 66.7 in (1,694 mm)
Curb weight 3,779–4,043 lb (1,714–1,834 kg)​

^ Trying to break the all-time record for least cool car ever in the history of the GTP Cool Wall?

I like it, it's like the Edsel, everyone will know what it is when they see it. So it'll probably get a cool from me, even though it's a SUV, which I absolutely hate.

There are some pretty cool American cars with V6s, like the DeLorean, base 2010 Camaro and the Buick GNX.

I think he was thinking of some of the other ungainly cars like the Ford Probe, Oldsmobile Aurora and the last Mercury Cougar. And the Aztek, of course.

The new Camaro V6 has an awful interior. Worse than a Spark. Really, really awful hard plastics everywhere.

Back