Ready To Microwave My AR Max Disc

• Thread starter enuttage
  • 6 comments
I've about had it with these people.

Nothing is a straightforward, easy-to-use situation. And their tech support is a total joke.

How in the world do I activate codes manually in GT4 with the AR Max?

What I've done:

1. Insert AR Max Disc
2. Insert GT4 Disc upon prompt
3. Go to Expert Mode (since obviously GT4 isn't on the disc)
3. Create New Game and type in everything.
4. Type in ONE master code
5. Type in ONE other code (cash, unlimited nitrous, whatever)

I get an invalid code message every freakin' time! WTH?! I seem to be following the instructions in the booklet. The language is so convoluated sometimes though, that I'm not sure.

Do I need to input all three Master Codes and all variable codes of whatever cheat I want in? This is maddening. I really hate this thing and am seriuosly getting ready to scrap it. Only the ability to save replays has me keeping it around.

TIA for any help.

-E

EDIT: I figured it out. You do have to input ALL the codes under a certain heading. Of course, nowhere in the manual is this detailed. Some days, I feel inspired to write manuals for the good of humankind. Either that, or I'm just getting old. :)

Mods you can delete this if you like.

AR max GT4 boasts about 2333 codes for GT4 on one disc, but my brth has only been able to get the license, tire, mission, etc... codes to actually work--none of the "gold" codes for races work at all!

Just do an internet update... and if you can't because you don't have a Network Adaptor then just go out and buy one and then return it.

I used the ARMax gold race codes (I converted them to another format and combined them into a couple of lines) and made a two line code to set the medals for all races (that would be three lines with ARMax) which worked fine. That plus a 2 line (3 with ARMax) Mission Hall Code and a 2 line/3 line license code I was able to get a 100% game though you only get the prize cars for the missions and the licenses.

Their web support is a joke! I tried to access their online codes, you have to register with them. Fair enough, I thought. Actually I couldn't even register a UK address, when it re-directs to the UK server I get a "Server timed out" error! I had to register with the US server instead. So I filled in all my personal details (heaven knows why they need all that) and wait for an email to activate your membership.

And wait.. and wait... and wait....

And nothing arrives. So I go to the tech help pages and fill in an online form stating the problem and send it... and get an automatic email reply saying they'll be no help forthcoming from here but go to these help pages instead!

Well, at least that email arrived, I thought. So I go to the help pages and.. sure enough theres no mention of this problem. So theres yet another email contact to fill in, so I do that, explaining my problem again, and send another email.

Finally 2 days later I get a reply from the tech help saying follow this link to get my account activated. So I do that and finally I'm in.

Oh, what fun.

Back