Real-life racers with GT RMs

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 28 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
Is there any cars in real-life that has livery that same as RM body in GT?

I only know the following: :indiff:

• Honda Civic 93 (JACCS JTCC)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 4 (WRC)
  • Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R (Calsonic JTCC)
  • Subaru Impreza (all version, WRC)
  • Nissan GT-R LM (Le Mans)
  • Honda NSX GT2 (Le Mans)
  • Toyota Supra (latest version, JGTC)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 3 (WRC)

Is there any other cars with racing livery same as used in GT? :)

I'm not that sure about others, but i do know that the Blue & White Dodge Viper GTS-R was raced in 1997 FIA GT Championship. Also, I think the Aston Martin DB7 RM was based off of a Concept Car Aston produced around the time GT came out, but it never actually raced.

I wish I knew offhand which ones were run in real-life. Scaff or Famine would know this sort of stuff.

Last edited:
A 3-YEAR OLD GRAVEDIG? :eek:

No, I am not spamming, I just found this:

jtc_lantis1.jpg

It is the JTCC Lantis/323F in Castrol livery, the same as the "mobile chicane" at GTWC, GV300, and All-Night Race One. ;)

That Lantis certainly looks good in real life! Nice car.
On-topic - I think that the liveries used by RMed Mazdas in the game are actually based on the real livery used by the 787B.
Also, the white-with-green-stripes GTS-R exists in real life (it competed in Le Mans I think).
The Accord RM is heavily based on the real car which raced in JTCC.
Same goes for the green RMed 3000GT (I don't know which series it competed in) and the red Toyota Exiv 200 GT (JTCC).
The EG Civic resembles its real-life counterpart when RMed.

I am pretty sure the RM for the C6 Vettes are the same as the real life GTE cars2-3 years ago. Today's version of the GTE cars are a bit more updated i think.

I am pretty sure the RM for the C6 Vettes are the same as the real life GTE cars2-3 years ago. Today's version of the GTE cars are a bit more updated i think.

They were based on the C6.R cars, the ZR1 with a Yellow paint chip and black rims looks 90% close to the original C6.R. :eek:

And I think this is talking about RMs from the first GT.

Anyway, I think the Z32 RMs were based on the IMSA/JGTC Z32 that raced in the early-mid 90s. And the RT/10s (The red one atleast, never saw a real yellow racecar) were based on the Rent-A-Car ones, they raced in the 1994(?) Le Mans.

The [R]Corvette appears to be real, according to what I found in a thread in the GT6 section:

100_1253.jpg

The GT1 car has 96 instead of 94 though. :)

The DB7 livery is based on this car.

http://astonmartins.com/car/db7-i6-club-race-car/

The Viper GTS-R that you win in one of the country vs. country races is real in both white/blue stripes and white/green. Oreca ran the white/blue during FIA GT and at Le Mans in 1996 for the GTS-R's first year (before they switched to the iconic white with red and blue livery). Another team was selected to run the GTS-R and develop it in the US and they used white with green stripes.

You can see them here:
http://www.racingsportscars.com/suffix/photo/Chrysler/Viper/GTS-R.html

If you RM a Honda Accord you'll get the black/green/red Castrol livery used in JTCC in 96/97/98. That'd be this car.
532715228_fb8952c628.jpg

Do the same to a Nissan Primera and you'll get a blue car with yellow trim on the windscreen visor. That's a Calsonic livery, also used in JTCC. Do the same to an R32 GT-R to get a Calsonic Skyline.

As someone mentioned. The 300ZX has the IMSA livery that also ran at Le Mans.

RM'ing various Lancer Evo's will give you different rally liveries from the 90's, as will various Impreza's, Celica GT-Fours and the Pulsar GTI-R from Nissan too.

Just found these as well:

NISMO GT-R LM Road Car (Both Liveries and yes, it does have an RM!):

1206642459_f.jpg

2PLjs.jpg

Curiously, both of the above cars show up in GT2, though the [R] Liveries for the Nismo GT-R LM "Road Car" are clearly based on them (Black Body with Red Logos & White Body with Blue Logos) in GT1.

Dodge Viper RT/10 (Both Liveries):

1994_40.jpg

24modifie11.jpg

I think all of the RMs in GT1 and GT2 are supposed to be expies of real life racing cars, even the ones that generally wouldn't be used in professional racing. If it wasn't used in a professional capacity, it was probably based on an amateur racer.

What a beauty is this Calsonic R32 GTR in real ! Awesome sound, too. The R32 GTR`s transformed me from a totally Viper-Fan to a Nissan-One back in that days. LOVE IT !!

Question: What performance upgrades need to purchased after buying the RM conversion?

Depends what sort of 'performance' you want, what level of horsepower you want.

Power side, it's very handy to purchase the racing suspension kit, racing gearbox, sports brakes, triple clutch, racing flywheel and prop shaft. So basically everything you need for fine tuning, and the power upgrades you can do to your own wishes.

Update OP

A blue MA70 Supra existed in the JTCC but with not quite as large a rear wing. A red one sponsored by Shell also raced in the UK but the other RM is gold, if I remember.

8010018334_b02790905f_b.jpg

So which GT1 cars have lifelike RMs? Some photos have already been posted but additionally:

Chevrolet Corvette

Dodge Viper RT/10
Dodge Viper GTS

Honda Accord
Honda Civic EG
Honda NSX GT2

Nissan Skyline R32
Nissan Skyline R33
Nissan Sunny

Mazda Lantis
Mazda MX-5

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV
Mitsubishi GTO

Toyota Exiv
Toyota Supra III
Toyota Supra IV
Toyota Chaser

Subaru Impreza

TVR Cerbera

Note: There was a planned Aston Martin DB7 Racer but it apparently never came to light. Even from this short list alone, there are a good number of realistic RMs in the very first Gran Turismo. Probably more, if you go through the CR-Xs and AE86s.

Last edited:
Trying to remember what was needed. If I RM an MX-5, is it basically a livery and a weight ruduction?

Ah, that. Yes, the RM itself gives you the paint scheme, lower weight and the ability to change the aerodynamic settings.

In GT1 only, you can save money by simply buying the RM and get the reduced weight that comes with it. In GT2, you have to buy all the weight reduction separately first.

Ah, that. Yes, the RM itself gives you the paint scheme, lower weight and the ability to change the aerodynamic settings.

In GT1 only, you can save money by simply buying the RM and get the reduced weight that comes with it. In GT2, you have to buy all the weight reduction separately first.

👍 I miss those games.

Latest Posts

Back