Real-Life vs Forza 3 vs GT5 vs Shift 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dave x1
  • 15 comments
  • 4,659 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave x1

(Banned)
Messages
95
Messages
kyotofighter
Haha poor EA,in the start put not the real game footage and than when the real actual game footage comes in ,it looks ****e compared to GT5,graphics of this cannot rival GT5,GT5 is in another level,much better and realistic graphics.

And as long as i've seen vids of Shift 2 gameplay i think it has the same ****y psychics and dynamics as shift 1. GT5 beats it and for driving realism it too.

Video
 
I think my brain hurts from reading your post...
 
Intelligent post.

I wonder if Shift 2's fans will rival your etiquette and sound knowledge.

Edit.

On topic. Real life wins out of the four choices.
 
it has the same ****y psychics

Like this one?

draft_lens6263672module57629532photo_1253745929sylvia_montel.jpg


Not sure what you are geting at, gt5 has better graphics?
 
He doesn't speak good English.....I'll Translate. NFS,Forza both Suck compared to GT5.
 
Interesting video. They left the music playing for the GT5 portion as well as leaving the full HUD on, and I'm sure didn't choose the most flattering footage for Forza either.

Sadly, all of the gameplay footage they showed from Shift 2 looks like an arcade game set on real tracks with real race cars. The physics didn't look any better than either of the other games, the graphics were a bit more detailed than the Forza clip they showed, and they used some effects that I guess they think simulate real racing. That wasn't impressive at all.
 
You guys really haven't got it right,EA is clearly pathetic putting their game (Shift 2) in a category where it doesn't belong. Like i said GT5 has all the realism advantage other this (graphics,driving dynamics etc).

Shift 2 really is a good game considering it will be more fun than GT5 and a great way to pass the time,like all NFS's has the fun factor. I pre ordered it,can't wait to get it.
 
They made Shift 2 look like the Michael Bay equivalent of a racing game. Things shake around if you are really driving a race car. We get it. Really.

We aren't actually driving a real car, though. With all the shaking around and poor view/lack of reference because we're not actually in the car, it just comes off as confusing and excessively busy.
 
You're a funny little man Dave...
 
They made Shift 2 look like the Michael Bay equivalent of a racing game. Things shake around if you are really driving a race car. We get it. Really.

We aren't actually driving a real car, though. With all the shaking around and poor view/lack of reference because we're not actually in the car, it just comes off as confusing and excessively busy.


I agree. Still plan on giving the game a chance though. 👍
 
GT 5 rocks! most realistic one because of the detail inside the car to me:tup:
 
Shift: 2 looks like it'll be a brilliant game with fantastic cars and tracks to drive. We don't accept fanboyism here at GTPlanet, so if you want to rant, rant somewhere else.
 
Shift: 2 looks like it'll be a brilliant game with fantastic cars and tracks to drive. We don't accept fanboyism here at GTPlanet, so if you want to rant, rant somewhere else.

I hope you are right about shift2 but I got my hopes up once before only to have them crushed :( As for 'We don't accept ... You must be joking about that one right? :lol:
 
The important part to note from this video is the "Not for distribution" text at the bottom. If this was a recent official video release from EA then I would say they made a poor choice of clips to use. In reality though we have no idea when this video was made. It could have been done early in the game's development and as such would very likely be a poor representation of the finished product.

The officially released clips I have seen look very promising but as any sane person would do, I will wait until I have played the game before I form an opinion about it. It's stunning how many folks like to share their opinions without any experience or first hand knowledge to back it up. That's not directed at the OP (although there is a hint of that from the "psychics" comment) but more an observation in general. Just look at the "Anyone else disappointed in Shift 2" thread. Almost 300 posts and the game hasn't even been released yet. There are some very dazed and confused people in the world.....
 
We have no time for those that was to start deliberate flame wars here at GT Planet.

Reasoned discussion is encouraged, semi-literate rants are not.

Pull a stunt like this again and you will be given a two day time-out.


Locked

Scaff
 
It's obvious that shift 2 has better effects than GT5, but, what's the betting that it's not 1080P at 60 FPS?

GT5 does look better to some degree because of this, however, by dropping the resolution it could have included a lot more to the tracks than is currently present. Take the SSR5 track comparison thread which is comparing GT4 with GT5. The GT4 track had a lot more going on with flashing lights and far more scenery items than the GT5 version, but it's the price you pay for the framerate and resolution.

Shift 2 will be 720p I can gurantee it due to the smoke and particle effects as well as camera shake and motion blur it uses, and i'm sure it will do it well... HOWEVER, i'm not sure how comfortable you will be driving 20 lap races plus with all those effects going off all the time (what's with the fade to balck and white when you crash!). I think it's be a 5 lap burst of adrenaline type of game played in short bursts. I may yet be proven wrong
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back