real life vs. game life

i have always looked at a game and said to myself "i will tune toward the games ability" that is when i didnt play gt4. i have had this game for about 2 years. i play gt4 and i realize that if i think about the car in the game as a real car. things started to look up for me. i got better at the settings. i am a mechanic so it is easy...erm little bit easier i mean. the realism depicted in this game is astounding. and i just figured this out maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. 💡

Yea, I'm a mechanic too. There is some co-relation between the game and real-life, but it helps to remember that in the game, everything is sterile and invariable. Cars & the motions they make follow Earth's laws of physics to a point; but eventually, it helps to realize the game has its own laws that are bastardized versions of EArth's. There are no oil slicks on the road. No pebbles. No heat. No track debris. Tires wear in a linear manner. Cars can't flip over. You might find that perfect set of settings in the game that'll work from track to track. In real-life, this wouldn't work because there are so many unseen, spontaneous things that can come up. And so on....

I'm not saying anything you haven't thought before. GT4 is basically like an encapsulated version of real-life...realistic to a degree within the bounds of Earth physics, but eventually not the same. STill, within that 10% of similarity, it certainly DOES help to use Earth-car physics as a reference.

....jeez, I'm starting to sound like Mr. Spock.

Back