kirktreks
Capn Kirk Treks
Real Racing Sim - Friday Night Sprints

Miata MX5/Eunos Roadsters
@
Tracks TBD / Vote
in

img.php

Thanks to asdfg11 for the countdown timer!
General Info About Races: Our goal is to provide a racing simulation experience for everyone. Real off-road grip, weak slipstream, tire wear on, and yes, heavy damage in longer endurance races (light damage for sprints)! ABS is optional.

The potential for damage encourages respect and sportsmanship among everyone, making penalties unnecessary -- GT5's penalty system is easily gamed, often penalizes the victim and does nothing to further the "racing simulation".

Endurance races are usually long enough to require at least one pit for tires and/or gas depending on the car. We also enjoy racing real life cars, and offer a wide range of racing experiences, from VW Buses to F1's, some tuned, some untuned, you name it. Feel free to check out the Facebook page ( http://tinyurl.com/GT5-LPP ) to post race suggestions and say hello!

Date & Time:
Friday November 8, 8:30 PM EST
Friday November 8, 5:30 PM PST
Saturday November 9, 1:30 AM GMT
Click here for time zone converter

Race Officials: alefin, kirtrkeks or anyone designated by them (normal room succession in public/open rooms)

Host: kirktreks will start a public room

Room Title: RRSim - Miatas CLEAN!

Room Address: 1472 - 6118 - 3615 - 5260 - 2533

Race Length:
10 to 30 minute races

Requirements: Fun, clean and fair drivers

Room & Car Regulations:
Any Street Mazda Miata Roadster
(MX5, Eunos, etc.)

400 Performance Points Maximum
No Race Cars, No Race Mods, No Aero, No Downforce
No other tuning restrictions
Sports Soft tires

• Standard race quality
  • Low microphone quality
  • Collisions on
  • Light damage
  • No penalties
  • Weak slipstream
  • Tire wear/Fuel consumption on "Fast"
  • Real grip reduction on wet/edge
  • Visual damage on
  • ABS available
  • All other assists off
Other Notes: The GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines applies with some changes/additions.
  1. Bump drafting is allowed where it makes sense.
  2. Keep racing on the track, regardless of incident, unless cars behind you are approaching. If you decide to allow the other driver(s) to pass because of a collision, be absolutely sure that you will not be in the way of other drivers. When in doubt, keep racing.
  3. Drivers that are to be lapped are under no obligations to move out of the way, as long as they are not intentionally blocking. Most tracks have many sections to overtake. If you're faster, you'll find a way to pass.
  4. There will be no race restarts for people that disconnect, unless something extreme happens like half the room disconnects at the same time. Common sense will dictate what's appropriate. People that disconnect will still earn points (where applicable) depending on when they disconnected.
  5. As this event is in a public room in the Open Lobby, non-GTPlanet participants will be free to join, and patience may be needed at times. Drivers are asked to call out unruly drivers and the room host will eject drivers who are not clean and do not respond to warnings (including mid-race in extreme cases).
  6. Track boundaries are generally the same as those enforced by the GT5 penalty system and as defined by section 16: Offline Racing in the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules linked above. See the illustration below. Occasional unintended infractions will be tolerated, particularly if you visibly attempt to correct a bad line by braking, etc. or you have lost control of your vehicle. Patterns of abuse will not be tolerated, and complaints will be addressed as noted in #5 above.
2mhufxe.jpg
How to Sign-Up: Just post > GTPlanet username (Playstation Network username)

** This race is open to all Real Racing Sim regulars and past participants on a first come basis. New sign-ups are welcome, but signing-up on this thread does not guarantee entry if the room fills up. Please be on time. **

Please remember that this race will be in a public room and uninvited walk-ins will be able to join from the Open Lobby.

Thanks for reading, everyone!

Last edited:
I have to work that night, so I can't be there. :indiff:

Ok - Sorry. I am trying to mix it up, since we were getting lighter attendance on Sunday, and I know some are not available on Sunday. Friday and Saturday are the next best nights for me, but weeknights are also possible. I am open to suggestions. Shall I run a poll?

I know the start time is still pretty late in Europe (1:30 AM GMT), but I figured it would be easier for most of our friends across the Atlantic to stay up on Friday or Saturday night than on Sunday. No?

I could also support earlier times on Saturday and Sundays -- even late mornings ET -- in an effort to accommodate Europe, but I do prefer to race later after the wife is heading to bed, since I take up the whole living room when I race.

We can experiment for a while, and once we firmly transition to GT6 and can go back to supporting longer endurance racing in private lounges, we will have a better idea what is working.

What works for you?

i can do just about any MORNING of the week...the nights don't work for me, im EASTERN USA TIMEZONE......weekends are normally wednesday thursday but i work 2nd shift so the morning of my best possible chances

Also eastern time, but I'm a regular 9 to 5-er. So, nights and weekends only for me. Certainly willing to try a Saturday or Sunday midday race. Don't want to go too early or we'll loose west coast interest. Noon or 1 PM eastern puts it at 9 or 10 AM on the west coast and 5 or 6 PM GMT.

I will mix it up. This week and next will be on Friday 8:30 PM -- I am thinking Audi TTs (tuning TBD) for next Friday 11/15.

I am tied up the Friday after next (11/22), so we can try Saturday 11/23 noon EST and see how it goes.

Do you want to post it/host it (11/23), al? If not, please post car suggestions, and I will do what I can.

Also, I hope you like the adjustments I made to the race posting around Open Lobby racing. The adjustments I made to the "General Info..." section will work with either sprints or endurance.

I am more comfortable posting/hosting sprints (not as much pressure to get a perfect race config), but I think it calls for a more generalized race set up, as with spec/similar model and PP limits, or from the garage, etc. It will be harder for Open Lobby drop ins to be prepared for "tuning prohibited" rooms, but we can try anything. Either way, imbalances between cars will work out differently at different tracks, taming some inequalities.

All are welcome to post car and set-up suggestions. They must be easily enforceable in a public room.

P.S. >> I'm taking off from work Friday so, I will be out looking for dirty shuffles tonight :)

Last edited:
I can post/host for 11/23 noon. I'll incorporate the changes you've made. Thanks Kirk :)👍

I might be interested, but whats the track?

(I am on work until 12am-12:30am GMT so should be back for 1:30am)

For sprints in the Open Lobby there will be multiple tracks -- host's choice or vote. We will go back to running longer endurance races at specific tracks in private lounges after the transition to GT6.

Room open

1472 - 6118 - 3615 - 5260 - 2533

We had 4 great hours of racing with up to 10 in the room. I will post most of the race results and track/lap info later this weekend.

Thanks for all who raced today, particularly Phil and Boy Wonder who were with me from start to finish.

Last edited:
That was a lot of fun for the couple races I ran. Like I stated in the room it'd be nice if we could do this more often especially in GT6

Yep, that's the plan - I envision doing more sprint sessions and maybe only do endurance races every other week or so. Depends on the interest and how available alefin and I are, etc.

* * * Results * * *

Even though we were in the Open Lobby, we had great cooperation and sporting driving. I only had to kick one player who joined with tunes blaring. When I asked him to turn it off, he started getting his rap on - bye, bye. He never had a chance to make trouble, since he entered between races waving a red flag. :)

All times EST:

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 8 Laps (ended 21:10)

IMAG1576.jpg

Grand Valley East - 14 Laps (ended 21:43)

IMAG1580.jpg

Suzuka East - 15 Laps? (ended ??:??) -- Believe Outlaw won - No result captured (sorry)

Tokyo R246 - 6 Laps (ended 22:32)

IMAG1582.jpg

Tsukuba Circuit - 20 laps (ended 23:11)

IMAG1583.jpg

Nurburgring GP/F - 6 Laps (ended 23:48) - Started with 10 drivers

IMAG1587.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 Time Change - 5 Laps (ended 00:31) - Dusk - headlights on about halfway point

IMAG1590.jpg

looks like fun, i have tomorrow off, random PTO day so ill join if you guys are around, message me? psn ID TEAMworkPLEASE

Sorry lad. It must be tough being 13! Enjoy your youth while you can and try to stay under mum's radar.

See you in a couple of weeks. I think we will be doing a mix of days/times so we will look for you again after mum cools off.

Back