United States
alefin
Real Racing Sim - Saturday Sprints

Cappuccino RM
@
Tracks TBD / Vote
in

img.php

Thanks to asdfg11 for the countdown timer!

General Info About Races: Our goal is to provide a racing simulation experience for everyone. Real off-road grip, weak slipstream, tire wear on, and yes, heavy damage in longer endurance races (light damage for sprints)! ABS is optional.

The potential for damage encourages respect and sportsmanship among everyone, making penalties unnecessary -- GT5's penalty system is easily gamed, often penalizes the victim and does nothing to further the "racing simulation".

Endurance races are usually long enough to require at least one pit for tires and/or gas depending on the car. We also enjoy racing real life cars, and offer a wide range of racing experiences, from VW Buses to F1's, some tuned, some untuned, you name it. Feel free to check out the Facebook page ( http://tinyurl.com/GT5-LPP ) to post race suggestions and say hello!

Date & Time:
Saturday November 23, 12:00 PM EST
Saturday November 23, 9:00 AM PST
Saturday November 23, 5:00 PM GMT
Click here for time zone converter

Race Officials: alefin, kirtrkeks or anyone designated by them (normal room succession in public/open rooms)

Host: alefin will start a public room

Room Name: RRSim - Cap RM!

Room Address: 1472-6118-3916-1737-8323

Race Length: 10 to 30 minute races

Requirements: Fun, clean and fair drivers

Room & Car Regulations:

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95 (Premium)

2lcbt38.jpg

460 Performance Points Maximum
Unrestricted Mods/Tunes
Racing Medium tires maximum

• Standard race quality
  • Low microphone quality
  • Collisions on
  • Light damage
  • No penalties
  • Weak slipstream
  • Tire wear/Fuel consumption on "Fast"
  • Real grip reduction on wet/edge
  • Visual damage on
  • ABS available
  • All other assists off

Other Notes: The GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines applies with some changes/additions.
  1. Bump drafting is allowed where it makes sense.
  2. Keep racing on the track, regardless of incident, unless cars behind you are approaching. Time, depending on severity of incident, will be added to your final race time once complaints are filed and replays checked. If you decide to allow the other driver(s) to pass because of a collision, be absolutely sure that you will not be in the way of other drivers. When in doubt, keep racing.
  3. Drivers that are to be lapped are under no obligations to move out of the way, as long as they are not intentionally blocking. Most tracks have many sections to overtake. If you're faster, you'll find a way to pass.
  4. There will be no race restarts for people that disconnect, unless something extreme happens like half the room disconnects at the same time. Common sense will dictate what's appropriate. People that disconnect will still earn points (where applicable) depending on when they disconnected.
  5. As this event is in a public room in the Open Lobby, non-GTPlanet participants will be free to join, and patience may be needed at times. Drivers are asked to call out unruly drivers and the room will eject drivers who are not clean and do not respond to warnings (including mid-race in extreme cases).
  6. Track boundaries are generally the same as those enforced by the GT5 penalty system and as defined by section 16: Offline Racing in the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules linked above. See the illustration below. Occasional unintended infractions will be tolerated, particularly if you visibly attempt to correct a bad line by braking, etc. or you have lost control of your vehicle. Patterns of abuse will not be tolerated, and complaints will be investigated as noted in #2 above.
2mhufxe.jpg

How to Sign-Up: Just post > GTPlanet username (Playstation Network username)

Current GTPlanet Participants:
** This race is open to all Real Racing Sim regulars and past participants on a first come basis. New sign-ups are welcome, but signing-up on this thread does not guarantee entry if the room fills up. Please be on time. **

Please remember that this race will be in a public room and uninvited walk-ins will be able to join from the Open Lobby.

Thanks for reading, everyone!

Last edited:
Will try to join this one, but I'm not sure if I'll be present from the start. Depends on how late I get home tomorrow :)

PSN: Fryto1983

Join in any time haha

These are a little more casual than our usual endurance races :)

Hope to see you there.

November 23, 2013 Real Racing Sim Sprint Race Results

Autumn Ring Mini
2luqeww.jpg

Rome Reverse
vscfth.jpg

Motegi Speedway
xen0wk.jpg

Cape Ring North
2ryrkvs.jpg

London
314442c.jpg

Trial Mountain
2dij22t.jpg

Deep Forest
2vbucxv.jpg

Mount Aso
wk23iu.jpg

Tokyo R246
20zz58x.jpg

High Speed Ring
2nh01lj.jpg

Sorry guys - I totally zoned-out. Just wasn't thinking about racing at that time of day. I did not even realize it until about 4 hours after the start time. I will have to get used to making time in the middle of the day for racing, assuming we do more of these. It should work once I get my mind wrapped around it.

I still plan to try alternating races set-ups for evening and day. We have only a couple of weeks more until GT6 release, and I would expect our first events to use whatever shuffle or recommended cars are included. Once people are able to earn some credits and build their garages, we will start to use more specialized and/or more expensive vehicles.

I am not available for Fri/Sat races, but I will try to set up something for midday ET on Sunday 12/1 -- perhaps one last RRS Clean Shuffle room before GT6 hits the stores.

Maybe al and I will both set up GT6 events for the GT6 release weekend. Regardless what we post here, I am sure we will have rooms up and running. Looks like we will have more ability in GT6 to organize within the game as well.

Yesterday's races were a blast, thanks guys.
Lots of really close racing for the lead, most fun I had in a while on GT5 :)

Back