Real Replica Tunes The Third (493 tunes): Jag XKR-S GT3

• Thread starter ich122
  • 1,814 comments
1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2)
360HP/ 481PP
*Please note - This car is tuned to the specs of the original Z06 package and not the Z06 Race Car(which has additional modifications) that is in GT6*

Corvette Z06.jpg

Parts:

Chevy Corvette Coupe (C2) '63
Oil Change
American Racing VINTAGE TORQ THRUST
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Transmission
Stage 3 Engine Tuning

Tune:

Suspension:
Ride Height: 150/ 150
Spring Rate: 9.82/ 5.45
Dampers(Comp): 5/ 4
Dampers(Exten): 4/ 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/ 4
Camber: 0.5/ 1.5
Toe: 0.00/ 0.60

Transmission:
1st Final: 5.000
Max Speed: 162
1st: 2.200
2nd: 1.640
3rd: 1.310
4th: 1.000
5th(not used): 0.735
Final: 4.550(Optional: 3.080, 3.360, 3.550, 3.700, 4.110)

Power:
Power Limiter: 96.8%

Body:
Ballast Weight: 10kg for 1380kg total weight

1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2)
360HP/ 481PP
*Please note - This car is tuned to the specs of the original Z06 package and not the Z06 Race Car(which has additional modifications) that is in GT6*

View attachment 233056

Parts:

Chevy Corvette Coupe (C2) '63
Oil Change
American Racing VINTAGE TORQ THRUST
Fully Customizable Transmission
Stage 3 Engine Tuning

Tune:

Suspension:
Ride Height: 150/ 150
Spring Rate: 9.82/ 5.45
Dampers(Comp): 5/ 4
Dampers(Exten): 4/ 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/ 4

Transmission:
1st Final: 5.000
Max Speed: 162
1st: 2.200
2nd: 1.640
3rd: 1.310
4th: 1.000
5th(not used): 0.735
Final: 4.550(Optional: 3.080, 3.360, 3.550, 3.700, 4.110)

Power:
Power Limiter: 96.8%

Body:
Ballast Weight: 10kg for 1380kg total weight
I've hit the like button only because there isn't a love button :bowdown:

Looks exactly like my '63 :D

APP Racing Engines Corvette (C6) Z06-RR
640HP/ 575PP

APP Racing Engines Z06-RR.jpg

Parts:
Chevy Corvette (C6) Z06 '06
Oil Change
Custom Wing - Type A
BBS RE-MG - Silver Chrome
Racing Breaks - Red Calipers
Stage 1 Engine Tuning
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust

Tune:

Suspension:
Ride Height: 120/ 120
Spring Rate: 12.50/ 14.29
Dampers(Comp.): 5/ 4
Dampers(Exten.): 4/ 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/ 3

Power:
Power Limiter: 97.8% or 640HP

Last edited:
@brianwong I noticed on your upgraded 2014 Camaro Z/28 tune you have 5th & 6th gear ratios wrong and final ratio should be
5 : 0.740
6 : 0.500
Final 3.910

here's the article:

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Preliminary Specifications
Overview | Engines | Transmission | Chassis/Suspension | Brakes | Wheels/Tires | Dimensions

Overview
Model:

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Body styles / driveline:

Four-passenger, front-engine, rear-drive coupe

Construction:

Unitized body frame, one- and two-sided galvanized steel

Manufacturing location:

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Engines

LS7 7.0L V-8

Displacement (cu in / cc):

427 / 7008

Bore & stroke (in / mm):

4.125 x 4.00 / 104.8 x 101.6

Block material:

cast aluminum

Cylinder head material:

cast aluminum

Valvetrain:

overhead valve, two valves per cylinder

Fuel delivery:

sequential fuel injection

Compression ratio:

11.0:1

Horsepower / kW:

500 / 373 (est.)

Torque (lb-ft / Nm):

470 / 637 (est.)

Transmissions

Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual

Gear ratios (:1):

First:

Second:

Third:

Fourth:

Fifth:

Sixth:

Reverse:

Final drive ratio:

and tires Sport Soft IRL
Tires That Push the Limits of Legality
The 2014 Chevy Camaro Z/28's potency is heavily rooted in its R-compound tires. These ultra-sticky Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires sized 305/30ZR19 all around are optimized for dry track conditions, and that's about it.

Thanks for the suspension (it was just a guess)setup and weight distribution correction :)

The problem when using the Camaro SS to try and replicate the Z28 is how do you compensate for those huge 305 width front tyres?

@brianwong I noticed on your upgraded 2014 Camaro Z/28 tune you have 5th & 6th gear ratios wrong and final ratio should be
5 : 0.740
6 : 0.500
Final 3.910

here's the article:

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Preliminary Specifications
Overview | Engines | Transmission | Chassis/Suspension | Brakes | Wheels/Tires | Dimensions

Overview
Model:

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Body styles / driveline:

Four-passenger, front-engine, rear-drive coupe

Construction:

Unitized body frame, one- and two-sided galvanized steel

Manufacturing location:

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Engines

LS7 7.0L V-8

Displacement (cu in / cc):

427 / 7008

Bore & stroke (in / mm):

4.125 x 4.00 / 104.8 x 101.6

Block material:

cast aluminum

Cylinder head material:

cast aluminum

Valvetrain:

overhead valve, two valves per cylinder

Fuel delivery:

sequential fuel injection

Compression ratio:

11.0:1

Horsepower / kW:

500 / 373 (est.)

Torque (lb-ft / Nm):

470 / 637 (est.)

Transmissions

Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual

Gear ratios (:1):

First:

Second:

Third:

Fourth:

Fifth:

Sixth:

Reverse:

Final drive ratio:

and tires Sport Soft IRL
Tires That Push the Limits of Legality
The 2014 Chevy Camaro Z/28's potency is heavily rooted in its R-compound tires. These ultra-sticky Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires sized 305/30ZR19 all around are optimized for dry track conditions, and that's about it.

Thanks for the suspension (it was just a guess)setup and weight distribution correction :)
I did my 5th and 6th gears with different ratios because of the source I used which was the GM site, and the final gear is adjusted in order to compensate for the Z/28's smaller wheels compared to the SS. Furthermore, the ride height, spring rate, and alignment are the real ride heights, spring rates, and alignment angles.

Last edited:
The problem when using the Camaro SS to try and replicate the Z28 is how do you compensate for those huge 305 width front tyres?

There's no problem with the car or SH tire :P, so no need to compensate for anything. I said SH, because I have the replica made awhile ago when I built the Camaro GT4/GS. A few days ago, I did some touch up on little details like the LSD and it grips a lot on SH. I will run the car again soon, as I have a reference lap to compare, including peak G's.

There's no problem with the car or SH tire :P, so no need to compensate for anything. I said SH, because I have the replica made awhile ago when I built the Camaro GT4/GS. A few days ago, I did some touch up on little details like the LSD and it grips a lot on SH. I will run the car again soon, as I have a reference lap to compare, including peak G's.
Yeah, I think a lot of people in GT are too used to running super sticky tires on street cars, but if you look at the G meter while cornering they're pulling 2 lateral G's or something ridiculous like that.

Yeah, I think a lot of people in GT are too used to running super sticky tires on street cars, but if you look at the G meter while cornering they're pulling 2 lateral G's or something ridiculous like that.

Nope, Chevrolet Engineering Manager claimed at least 1.05G lateral acceleration, and when tested by US Magazine, it did 1.06G (avg ). I have a full track peak G's reading, driven by experienced pro racing driver, and it peaks at 1.70+G on one of the high speed downhill curve ( in my experience building replicas and testing against reference lap data, SH tire can do as well ). My build has no flat floor, SH tire already has higher grip level than necessary. Flat floor adds a lot rear downforce ( well over 250 points ) and produce a lot of drag ( slowing the acceleration a lot above 100mph/160kmh ). How do you calculate the final to compensate for the smaller wheels ? I used 3.910 Final, and it still very quick.

Last edited:
Nope, Chevrolet Engineering Manager claimed at least 1.05G lateral acceleration, and when tested by US Magazine, it did 1.06G (avg ). I have a full track peak G's reading, driven by experienced pro racing driver, and it peaks at 1.70+G on one of the high speed downhill curve ( in my experience building replicas and testing against reference lap data, SH tire can do as well ). My build has no flat floor, SH tire already has higher grip level than necessary. Flat floor adds a lot rear downforce ( well over 250 points ) and produce a lot of drag ( slowing the acceleration a lot above 100mph/160kmh ). How do you calculate the final to compensate for the smaller wheels ? I used 3.910 Final, and it still very quick.
1. Read my post, I'm agreeing with you that SH should be enough for the replica.
2. The Z/28 makes a lot of downforce, and I don't know of another way to replicate that without flat floors since the wing doesn't really produce that much downforce.
3. The tire diameter of the Z/28 is much lower than the SS, so in order to get the same top speed and the same at each gear you need to change the final. It's not an issue about how quick the car is, it's about replicating the original.

1. Read my post, I'm agreeing with you that SH should be enough for the replica.
2. The Z/28 makes a lot of downforce, and I don't know of another way to replicate that without flat floors since the wing doesn't really produce that much downforce.
3. The tire diameter of the Z/28 is much lower than the SS, so in order to get the same top speed and the same at each gear you need to change the final. It's not an issue about how quick the car is, it's about replicating the original.

I said no to the 2G lateral acceleration :) I know you are agreeing to SH tire, just reaffirming that SH is enough for grip level. For aero, the real Z28 produces 150 pound of downforce at high speed, not really much, as Camaro SS produces 200 pound of lift at 150mph. IMHO, the custom wing with 20 Aero will do the job.

I said no to the 2G lateral acceleration :) I know you are agreeing to SH tire, just reaffirming that SH is enough for grip level. For aero, the real Z28 produces 150 pound of downforce at high speed, not really much, as Camaro SS produces 200 pound of lift at 150mph. IMHO, the custom wing with 20 Aero will do the job.
The 2G lateral acceleration was what people with super sticky tires are getting, not what the Z/28 should be getting. Thanks for the flat floors tip, I'll remove it from the tune.

The 2G lateral acceleration was what people with super sticky tires are getting, not what the Z/28 should be getting. Thanks for the flat floors tip, I'll remove it from the tune.

The 1.05G claim, 1.06G tested and 1.70+G at the track was on this tire :

"The special lightweight wheels are 11 inches wide in the front and shod with 305/30ZR-19 Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires all around. Chevy tells us that these are the widest tires mounted on the front of any production car. A streetable track tire, the Trofeo Rs have a tread-wear rating of 60 and are manufactured in the same plant as Pirelli’s F1 rubber. "

What's the super sticky tire you are referring to ?

The 1.05G claim, 1.06G tested and 1.70+G at the track was on this tire :

"The special lightweight wheels are 11 inches wide in the front and shod with 305/30ZR-19 Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires all around. Chevy tells us that these are the widest tires mounted on the front of any production car. A streetable track tire, the Trofeo Rs have a tread-wear rating of 60 and are manufactured in the same plant as Pirelli’s F1 rubber. "

What's the super sticky tire you are referring to ?
Super sticky tire meaning people running Sports: Softs in GT6

Wow this is interesting info here @Ridox2JZGTE do you have the tune posted? I'm a huge Camaro fan and would like to try it out and for 2012-2014 Camaro ZL1 tune then it should have SH tires also then right? that means the stock SS has better tires than it should interesting.

Wow this is interesting info here @Ridox2JZGTE do you have the tune posted? I'm a huge Camaro fan and would like to try it out and for 2012-2014 Camaro ZL1 tune then it should have SH tires also then right? that means the stock SS has better tires than it should interesting.

It already has a placeholder on my garage ( page 57 ), I will update the post within a day. For comparison, Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar - factory tire for C5 Z06 Corvette is CM tire. I posted a replica of the C5 Z06 on the same page. Camaro SS, I would guess CM tire = stock real life tire.

It already has a placeholder on my garage ( page 57 ), I will update the post within a day. For comparison, Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar - factory tire for C5 Z06 Corvette is CM tire. I posted a replica of the C5 Z06 on the same page. Camaro SS, I would guess CM tire = stock real life tire.

ok thanks :)

@ich122 your GT4 setups are amazing! Really love to drive them with my friends. Could you also do the Nissan 370Z GT4 Porsche GT4 (Maybe on the RUF), BMW Z4 GT4 and Mustang GT4?

Than we would have a complete GT4 grid for close battles :D

Was able to start with the Reiter Murciellago RGT-RS (GT1), used the LP640 as base:

- like said before, ingame weight too high 1333 kg vs real 1100 kg (homologation) / 1250 kg (BoP 2010), weight distribution is a bit off (by 1%)
- springrates ingame to low, used different ERS
- no underbody/diffusor ingame, so downforce is very low campared to the original
- can't get all the gear ratios right, so the 4th to 6th gear is right, the first three are close to original
- no full rwd, just a 10:90 distribution

-> all in all it's about as fast on most tracks as a GT3-class racecar

also started with an Aston Martin DBRS9 (GT3):

- same problem with the springrates
- about 90 kg too much weight ingame

-> was able to do competitive times

Hopefully I'll find some more time the coming weekend, and will how it goes on.

@ Street Racer 77: will put them on my WIP-list, but it will take some time

@ich122 what should I do about there being two 2014 Camaro Z/28 replica's I mean who's is correct and who's is not I saw RIDOX Replica garage ver and it's different from the two ver we have, can you look to see what replica needs removed and remove it from the list? would make more since to do that.

ok ich122 no problem I don't play much I been waiting for the GT6 to get better like a test track again I miss it but I noticed no word of it returning yet 👎

Latest Posts

Back