Realistic Car Modeling?? Jaguar XJR-9

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wide Boy
  • 6 comments
  • 808 views
Messages
292
New Zealand
New Zealand
Well this is a bit of a joke anybody any idea or are the figures total invention?

Car information screen
initially a 6.5L engine enlarged to 7L producing around 690bhp

Car modelled has the 7 litre engine 6995cc

In dealership rated at 749bhp

In my garage rated at 914bhp

That's about 25% more power than the description so what gives?

That said 900bhp from a 7 litre engine seems fine so maybe the game model is based on it in unrestricted form. If so this is the information they should tell us in the car info screen.

Now I wonder are all the Group C cars to fast.
 
It had the 7.0L V12 in 1988, so that is correct.

I have read that the car is supposed to have 750 HP, so having over 900 is way off. :indiff:

And don't even get me started on the sound of it...
 
It had the 7.0L V12 in 1988, so that is correct.

I have read that the car is supposed to have 750 HP, so having over 900 is way off. :indiff:

And don't even get me started on the sound of it...

In that case the figure in the dealership is correct at 749bhp

Off topic but surprised no tuner has had a go at this car, its premium & has one of the most unrestricted cockpit views for a Group C car.
 
They do this with pretty much all the LMP and Group C cars, @Tornado did a thread on it in the GT5 days.
 
Isn't finding out the actual power output of race cars quite difficult? As far as I'm aware competitive racing teams have never been that keen on disclosing power outputs, and often the accepted figures are merely estimates.
 
I'm pretty sure Group C car power varied between races back in the day.
 
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Group C car power varied between races back in the day.


Well the Nissan R92C ran 1000HP in qualfying tires on lasted like 2 laps.
 
Back