Realistic races/series

• Thread starter soulless
  • 8 comments
Realistic events with qual, practice and race, with realistic race lengths.
Racing series with points from race to race.

Online series where hosts set the schedule, some will span only a few days, others months.

In all honesty, the one thing that has kept me from playing GT5 for a long time is the lack of realistic events. For being the "real driving sim" theres very little REAL racing to be found.

For offline i'd agree. The racing is lacking in the offline mode. The online is much better once you locate a group of guys and participate in series.

I agree as well. But what racing series would you want in GT6?
There are plenty of series, around the world.

Forza has ALMS? No problem.
PD could implement the new FIA World Endurance Championship, or European Le Mans Series or eventuually Asian Le Mans Series. Which is the same thing with the same type of cars and rules.

GT3 cars?
Blancpain Endurance Series, British GT3, GT Open, Adac Masters GT, etc.

GT1 cars? Fia GT1 Championship.

Super GT? Definitely. Choose a year add all the cars and tracks of that year. let's say 2010. Then release the 2011 season as a DLC.

Supercar v8? Would be interesting.

WTCC? Yep would be cool as well.

DTM? Sure.

There are plenty of series, the only thing they need is to work on something COMPLETE.
The "little bit of everything" mentality gets old quickly.

I know; I would enjoy those too. But Kaz said that F1 would probably not be in GT6; he said the corporations are too controlling.

Id be happy with just about any and every kind of series as long as they are presented in a realistic fashion. I dont even mind if the series are made up, as long as the way we are presented with them and their races are realistic.

We might have wrc cars and f1 cars and nascar cars in gt5, but there arent any realistic presentation of their series and/or their races anywhere in the game (singleplayer).

And even if there are groups of players that create their own realistic racing events online, i still think the game (and PD) can and should do alot better on that part.

In SP there could be a calender with events and races for whatever series one has a car for and choose to part in.

There are enough cars in GT5 to create a number of race series.
With strick limitations to cars allowed and an adjustable AI strenght, good series can be made.

16 different cars, 10 races. That's easy to create.

Back