Realistic transmission options, and being unable to change it after purchase.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 0 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
There are some cars that only come as MT, some only as AT, and some have either as options, sometimes even on the fly. I think it'd be more immersive to only allow players to use the respective transmission options available in their real-world counterparts. Similarly, unless the car is a "semi-auto," then you shouldn't be able to change back-and-forth from MT and AT - you'd need to buy another of the same model if you want both transmission types. I mean, I don't believe we have options to modify drivetrains, unless we buy a car from a tuner itself (see: the 4WD HPA Motorsport Golf Mk.V), so why not restrict transmissions in a similar way?

I'm pretty sure that in the restrictions for a given race that there'll be enough options for eligible cars that you'd be able to pick an AT vehicle if you really wanted to, and if not, then I'm sure that if you can get used to GT's physics as a whole (compared to say, NFS), then you can get used to MT shifting. I wouldn't even care if they neglected potential engine damage from bad/non-existent shifting.

I suppose it's just one of those things that would add to GT's attention to detail, like how all the cars have their factory colors' names listed.

Back