realistic transmission selection?

• Thread starter Viper1555
  • 7 comments
Just a thought, do u reckon it would make the game better or worse if they made the transmission selection realistic for all the cars? just say a car is only availble in manual. then u would have no choise but to race in a manual. if the car came out with a 5spd manual or a 4spd auto option then u could choose from either racing with 5 gear manually or 4 gears in an auto.

I wouldn't like that, because I never use automatic. And besides, when talking realism, I'm pretty sure there won't be the characteristics of the autos torque converter built into the game.

I say 👎

Hmm I dunno, in real life I'd always go for a manual but in games I almost always go for auto. Manual gears on a D-Pad just seem crap imo :(

I'd deff go for manual with GT Force Pro though :)

Originally posted by Seven
I wouldn't like that, because I never use automatic. And besides, when talking realism, I'm pretty sure there won't be the characteristics of the autos torque converter built into the game.

I say 👎

Yes, that could be pretty cool - although it's basically already like that. In GT4 Prologue (and GT Concept) cars that don't have gears, like the Fit and that weird first prize car, don't have an option to drive manual.

in GT concept atleast (i dont have GT4P), the cars act like they should with gear changing. eg a car that is auto (eg merc of some sort) if you choose to drive it manually it will shift like you are manually selecting the gears in a auto( the shift wont be as direct as a full manual)
its hard to explain

I understand you.....but i think the "manual only" option on a.....Datsun 240Z or smth. like that will be hard to drive for.....in-experienced. Whan i say inexperienced i mean about changing gears, not about driving

well i hope the cars that only come in manual, means you can only drive it manual. there will only be a few models of cars that this will apply to so people that cant drive manuals very well wont be too put out, plus this may force some usually auto drivers to convert to manual.
i suppose if there is to many cars that are manual only, then this may not be suitable, maybe you could change the manual trans with an auto in the garage

Back