Reality check on how far into this game I really am. LOL

  • Thread starter Thread starter TwinturboCH
  • 19 comments
  • 1,742 views
Messages
889
Messages
TwinTurboCH
I was a little bored just now, so I went on mygranturismo.net and filtered for all the cars I don't yet own. I then pasted the results into Excel and did a few sums. Bearing in mind I already have over 400 cars and have completed 97% of the game, I was hoping the results wouldn't be too scary.

I was wrong.

Admittedly there are a fair few cars I won't bother with, but most of those are fairly low value and so won't affect the total too badly, but in order for me to buy the rest of the cars in the game, I need another.......







322,638,423 Cr


Looks like I've got a lot of racing to do :dunce: LOL

Anyone else worked out how much they need to earn for them to be able to consider the game totally and utterly completed? :D

Edit: Ouch, just valued my current 400 cars, only totalled 157,091,466 Cr. So I'm less than halfway LMAO
 
Last edited:
Oh man i have no idea how many more credits i will need for all the cars.I can imagine it will quite a bit.

I also have something set-up similar to what you got.I have a spreadsheet in OpenOffice that has every single car in the game.So when i buy a new or used car i will Bold it out to let me know i now own this car.For premiums i bold it out with an extra added Italic to really make it stand out.

So far though i have 315 + or - cars in my garage.Only 800 some odd cars left :scared:
 
i just want all the racing cars and all the cars that everybody dreams of buying if they won the lottery. a Vitz was only allowed to enter my garage because i HAD to drive one for the series.
 
Are you serious? Wow, I was hoping I'm not too far away from buying all cars, have 770 right now, but wow, 480 MILLION for all cars? I wonder what that is in grinding hours. Damned man I'm somewhat discouraged right now.
 
Indy gets you what, 1.5-2 million an hour? So that's only 240-320 hours or 10-13 days of constant grinding.
 
im just gonna shake my head and wonder why one would waste time on calculating how much it would take to buy the cars they needed for whatever reason...ie "trophy whore". You have 400 some cars. Deal with it. 1000 is just that. No need for every model/make. Just play the fricken game and eventually you"ll reach your mark. This is just me but im 97% complete with 75% trophies earned naturally... have 280 cars and could care less about getting 1000 within the first few months
 
Not to the exact amount but I need 65 cars and it adds up to around 130m cr
 
This is exactly why people dupe lol.

It's exacty why I'm going to start duping lol I've grinded Indy for over a month to get the 966 cars I have (excluding prize cars of course) and when I counted up the amount I still have to earn for 65 cars it's ridiculous and it's just not fun grinding anymore.
 
I can understand some people who say they are frustrated because they want to finish the game in a couple of days. But this game is a challenge, its not a sprint to the finish. I do not grind A spec it would become too much of a chore. But now we have seasonal events that give so many credits for a few minutes work some of that chore has been taken away. Instead of grinding indy in a x2010 why not go and try to win some other races with different cars? Sure you do not get as much money as quickly, but you get something for winning, and some of the other cars in the game are fun to drive, or a challenge to make them win the races. But I would rather do this than loop indy for hours and hours...

I do grind B spec when I am AFK and that gives money as well.

Think about it, Do you want a game that is "over" in a few days, or something that will give you something to do for ages?

My vote goes for a long, fun, challenging game.
 
I can understand some people who say they are frustrated because they want to finish the game in a couple of days. But this game is a challenge, its not a sprint to the finish. I do not grind A spec it would become too much of a chore. But now we have seasonal events that give so many credits for a few minutes work some of that chore has been taken away. Instead of grinding indy in a x2010 why not go and try to win some other races with different cars? Sure you do not get as much money as quickly, but you get something for winning, and some of the other cars in the game are fun to drive, or a challenge to make them win the races. But I would rather do this than loop indy for hours and hours...

I do grind B spec when I am AFK and that gives money as well.

Think about it, Do you want a game that is "over" in a few days, or something that will give you something to do for ages?

My vote goes for a long, fun, challenging game.

No, I'd want a game that lasts a long time but GT games last a long time anyway without it being artificially prolonged by meagre prize money and ridiculously overpriced cars in relation to what you can earn. Plus it has a good online mode which further prolongs the game. There's no need at all for after over a month grinding the quickest and highest paid event there is to still be over 130m cr away from having every car in the game. 100m takes on average 85 hours of grinding Indy to acquire, a massive game like Fallout 3 has about 100 hours of gameplay and that's an entire game, not just to obtain 65 cars.
 
Grinding is boring, will ALWAYS be boring. I don't understand why developers put so much emphasis on grinding to make things "valuable", thus cutting a percentage of the full experience off from those who aren't available for... 13 days of grinding ********. It is very uncreative.

So I don't blame people for wanting to dupe, and I fully support them. More games should get rid of the grinding aspect and just let the players play their game.
 
Hold on I seem to be missing something here.

GT5 is a Racing game. With Cars to collect and drive. Are you saying you want a car collecting game with a bit of driving thrown in?

Great, make the sunday cup earn you 1 million a lap, or even 1 billion a lap. Job sorted. You can then say to your mates "Hey I won the sunday cup and now I can buy all the cars in the game. No more driving for me!". And while we are at it lets give everyone an x2010 as a prize for installing the game.

Go take a look at Pokemon. That is a collecting game.

Remember you can buy premium cars at any time, why buy them until you need them? Buy the cars you need from the UCD until you have over 5 million, then buy the premium cars you can afford to complete your collection.
 
Hold on I seem to be missing something here.

GT5 is a Racing game. With Cars to collect and drive. Are you saying you want a car collecting game with a bit of driving thrown in?

Great, make the sunday cup earn you 1 million a lap, or even 1 billion a lap. Job sorted. You can then say to your mates "Hey I won the sunday cup and now I can buy all the cars in the game. No more driving for me!". And while we are at it lets give everyone an x2010 as a prize for installing the game.

Go take a look at Pokemon. That is a collecting game.

Remember you can buy premium cars at any time, why buy them until you need them? Buy the cars you need from the UCD until you have over 5 million, then buy the premium cars you can afford to complete your collection.

What post are you answering?
 
What post are you answering?

I was answering in General to some of the posts here.

I agree that some of the prize money is low. I agree it is difficult to get all cars in the game. I agree that grinding is boring.

I do not agree that it is necessary to grind.

I want to Drive nice cars, in different races. I want to complete and win every race, challenge and license.

I want to collect all the cars in the game (check my sig). But that is a sub plot in the game, not the reason for the game. The reason for the game is to race cars. By racing cars I will win money and maybe be able to afford a new car.

If anyone wants to collect cars I am sure they could post on here asking for cars that people have that are duplicates and get them that way.

What I am saying is that the collecting is an addition to Racing and it might take me another month or even six months to collect all of them.

What is the rush? I will be driving/playing this game for a long time. When I have all the cars I will still be playing/driving.
 
I was answering in General to some of the posts here.

I agree that some of the prize money is low. I agree it is difficult to get all cars in the game. I agree that grinding is boring.

I do not agree that it is necessary to grind.

I want to Drive nice cars, in different races. I want to complete and win every race, challenge and license.

I want to collect all the cars in the game (check my sig). But that is a sub plot in the game, not the reason for the game. The reason for the game is to race cars. By racing cars I will win money and maybe be able to afford a new car.

If anyone wants to collect cars I am sure they could post on here asking for cars that people have that are duplicates and get them that way.

What I am saying is that the collecting is an addition to Racing and it might take me another month or even six months to collect all of them.

What is the rush? I will be driving/playing this game for a long time. When I have all the cars I will still be playing/driving.

Part of the rush for me is A-Spec and B-Spec are done for me apart from 3 A-Spec endurance races and 2 B-Spec ones. I'm not that interested in repeating any of them because I prefer playing online, I find races there which make the single player ones a complete non-event, the problem is online races give you next to nothing money wise. So I want all cars but I won't get them doing online races.

And I checked your sig, you must have done a fair bit of grinding Indy yourself because I have 966 cars all different and I know how much grinding it took to earn them.
 
I'm glad I have no intention of completing this game. I just drive cars and have fun with it.
 
Part of the rush for me is A-Spec and B-Spec are done for me apart from 3 A-Spec endurance races and 2 B-Spec ones. I'm not that interested in repeating any of them because I prefer playing online, I find races there which make the single player ones a complete non-event, the problem is online races give you next to nothing money wise. So I want all cars but I won't get them doing online races.

And I checked your sig, you must have done a fair bit of grinding Indy yourself because I have 966 cars all different and I know how much grinding it took to earn them.

I totally agree that the rewards for online racing are awful, and it is certainly one thing I would change.

I have not grinded Indy at all (although my son does like to take the x2010 around there). I have grinded B spec Dream car a lot!

As for me, I have found that I just enjoy the driving and I am always looking for new challenges for myself. The car collection will come eventually.
 
im just gonna shake my head and wonder why one would waste time on calculating how much it would take to buy the cars they needed for whatever reason...ie "trophy whore". You have 400 some cars. Deal with it. 1000 is just that. No need for every model/make. Just play the fricken game and eventually you"ll reach your mark. This is just me but im 97% complete with 75% trophies earned naturally... have 280 cars and could care less about getting 1000 within the first few months
Wow, someone cares a little too much about what other people do.:rolleyes: Like I said, I was bored and figured I'd work it out, it took all of two and a half minutes to work out, so yeah, what a waste of time. My goal isn't ACTUALLY to have ALL cars. If you don't like a thread, don't post. Douche.
 
I totally agree that the rewards for online racing are awful, and it is certainly one thing I would change.

I have not grinded Indy at all (although my son does like to take the x2010 around there). I have grinded B spec Dream car a lot!

As for me, I have found that I just enjoy the driving and I am always looking for new challenges for myself. The car collection will come eventually.

I do enjoy the the driving and I enjoyed A-Spec for the short time it lasted but ultimately I find playing online is where I find the greatest challenges but earning a couple of thousand per race will get me nowhere considering all cars I need to complete the collection bar one are race cars. Now I don't really want to miss the opportunity to try out some of the best cars in the game, so the sensible thing to do would be to simply dupe them Considering you can only dupe one car per day, it's still going to take me a while to get them but at least I'm enjoying playing GT5 again knowing that I will eventually have them all instead of either playing online not duping and having no chance or grinding Indy hour after hour, day after day, bored out my mind.
 
Back