Really, 26GB Update, and i´m a "Disc" owner..

• Thread starter mrclep
  • 12 comments

mrclep

(Banned)
Denmark
Denmark
qube12
So, today I saw that the game use 26GB overall after all Updates are installed. I buy Disc based game if I can (Or what you call it..), so my PS4 won´t be field up quickly. I guess this is how games works nowadays. :(

For those those who bought the game on PSB/XBL, how big is the file really?

So, today I saw that the game use 26GB overall after all Updates are installed. I buy Disc based game if I can (Or what you call it..), so my PS4 won´t be field up quickly. I guess this is how games works nowadays. :(

For those those who bought the game on PSB/XBL, how big is the file really?

this is indeed how all games work nowadays ,... :irked:

i can not check my size but that should be the same for me (disc version) , but also the download game should have the same size !!

All PS4 titles (and XBox 1 for that matter) fully install regardless of if they are disc or download based. 26gb is small, the likes of COD or Battlefield with all the DLC are around 75+ gb (disc or digital).

Buying disc will not save you any HDD space the is generation.

i can not check my size but that should be the same for me (disc version) , but also the download game should have the same size !!
It does, my copy of Pcars is digital and its the same, will be for all games as you quite correctly say.

Soooo, what is the point of the Disc then. ... :( Gueses a 500GB PS4 won´t be enough anymore.
Not forgetting that digital was the only way a lot of us could get hold of the Limited Edition version, otherwise I certainly would've got the disc. Thankfully the digital launch price wasn't as ridiculous as it often is either.

I remember the game was 19.2 GB on disc of for download when it came out last May. It's taken 7GB of space on the HDD in DLC and patches? Wow!!

Not forgetting that digital was the only way a lot of us could get hold of the Limited Edition version, otherwise I certainly would've got the disc. Thankfully the digital launch price wasn't as ridiculous as it often is either.

I got the Limited Edition (With Stealcase, DLC´s and Artbook on disc? :)

Thought this is known to everybody. The only reason to buy blu ray games is to resell them.
I stopped buying Blu ray games since 2011 (yep on ps3) since they simply gather dust.

Its sad really..
Gone are the days you throw a game in and away u go. Play it twice or three times over and wait for the next one to come out.

Our cars will be doing software updates soon.

'Sorry boss, cant come in today. Car has a 150G update to do and ive lost my connection'.

Its sad really..
Gone are the days you throw a game in and away u go. Play it twice or three times over and wait for the next one to come out.

Our cars will be doing software updates soon.

'Sorry boss, cant come in today. Car has a 150G update to do and ive lost my connection'.
They do already, I waiting for a software update to be released for mine right now. Once it's out it will need to be booked in for a half hour to get done.

Soooo, what is the point of the Disc then. ... :( Gueses a 500GB PS4 won´t be enough anymore.

Hard copy has advantages because you don't have to download games and can have game saves but uninstall/reinstall it. Moreover it is good that games are installed on hard disk because the game can load faster via disk than the spinning blu-ray. I used to think the disk was just to prevent piracy. I prefer hard copy for the games I am especially interested. I also get the soft copy once they are really cheap like 10$ and not some 50gigs. I don't think digital games deserve more than 20$.

I hate games above 30gigs and 1TB is definitely required irrespective of how you buy games.

Back