Really need some help with game updates. Unplayable game right now.

• Thread starter Catlin
  • 8 comments
England
England
Catlin11
So I haven't played the game in a while and was a few updates behind. It all updated fine the first time then while I was playing I was getting crashes every time I would access a Dealership and would freeze when loading up the little car pictures.

I deleted all my data, restored my ps3 to default settings. and tried again from scratch. I have tried updating all at the same time, I have tried doing it from the XMB. then I have tried doing just 1 update at a time then going in game without net. coming out again doing the next update. When I get to about update 5 or 6 it triggers the Installing screen when loading up GT6 and will say its installing,g gets about halfway through and then says Installation failed.

I have probably done this process about 20 times now. and Getting so frustrated I cant play. Spent 2 days doing this :( any other help would be good.

Hey Catlin, I'm having a similar problem and It's really frustrating I don't have and answer to you, but I do share the problem and would like some help either.

I was playing The classic car challenge under international B license and needed to buy the Toyota 70 in order to gold it. Whenever I went into the dealership, the game froze on my face. So I deleted the updates directly from the XMB and let the PS3 reinstall it all. No sucess. GT6 downloads and install 17 files, then proceed to download 1 more, but when it begins to install it, the ps3 just sits there, not reading not recording anything on the HDD, and with 290min to go on the install.

I've done this whole process twice without sucess. Can anybody give us some suggestions on what to do next?

I had this issue - the game failed to update to v1.13 from v1.12
The only solution was to save my game save - then delete the game and update each update one at a time.
This initially didn't work for me - I kept trying deleting everything and trying to update one patch at a time.

I traced my issue to Apricot Hill Raceway being corrupt in some fashion - the game would freeze from the version 1.00 if I tried to go to this track.

I don't know how, but I managed to reload the game and managed to get this track to load - I then did all the updates one after another disconnecting the internet and testing it... and it worked.

I don't know what step managed to remove my old corrupted Apricot Hill raceway - but for me it was getting the game to work in V1.00.

Good luck.

Wow...
I never had one single problem with my version...
It got never stuck when every one was shouting that it's unplayable.
Disconnections? well once in a month maybe.
Loading times? Mine are pretty fast...

I don't know what's wrong with your game. I think it is either your game (the CD) or your PS3...

I don't know if this is the same but I got an error reinstalling the updates last night. Not the initial update screen where you have a percentage to show progress. The 2nd phase where you get the "installing. Approx who knows how many minutes left?" box.

Once the error pops up, don't press anything other than the PS button to quit the game. Delete the bad update cache from game data (not the game files) and start the game again. Updated as it should.

I've only ever had an error on the last update this once so not sure if it's the same thing.

(I'd only recently done a reinstall but in a fugue of drunken stupidity, I deleted my actual game files rather than the cache from my perfectly functional game. Maybe karma was stopping me from drink driving.:dunce:)

Wow...
I never had one single problem with my version...
It got never stuck when every one was shouting that it's unplayable.
Disconnections? well once in a month maybe.
Loading times? Mine are pretty fast...

I don't know what's wrong with your game. I think it is either your game (the CD) or your PS3...

Might seem you are correct. I forgot about it for a while and gave up. decided to try again. So I just didnt install any updates and tried to play the game from version 1.0 but was getting crashes on loading screen after tutorial. I noticed after that my disc had some weird warping bubbling effect on the back. No idea how it got that like that since I look after my stuff very well. Bought a new disc today and hopefully will fix the problem.

Might seem you are correct. I forgot about it for a while and gave up. decided to try again. So I just didnt install any updates and tried to play the game from version 1.0 but was getting crashes on loading screen after tutorial. I noticed after that my disc had some weird warping bubbling effect on the back. No idea how it got that like that since I look after my stuff very well. Bought a new disc today and hopefully will fix the problem.

Tell me how it went, you could also buy it from the PS store.

Yep, new disc solved it. And I didn't even have to go through that annoying process of cancelling after each update. Just went and installed all the updates fine in one go. woo hoo

Ohhhh mega! Glad it helped you!

Latest Posts

Back