Really silly idea at suzuka 1000km

England
England
GTP_v8power
Ok, i'ts daft. I read the kia challenge and thought i'd fancy a try at that track but what with? Looked at the opponents, 580bhp 1100kgs. Hmmm what to choose? I ruined my N4 exp with a car that was far too fast. I'll look in my garage.

There it is, a lotus elise race modified for the GTP week 51. Hmmm, stuck a turbo on, 230hp and 530odd kg. Power to weight looks good. I'll get wasted on the track at speed though.

Gave it some get me going settings thinking it might have a chance, tyre wear and fuel being my weapons and pit stops being my advantage.

Well 7 laps into my 'test' rain still still coming down bad enough for Noah to start another ark and i'm 20sec clear, tyres are fine.

Do i go for it or will i get wasted half way if the weather dries up.:nervous:

I'm running 2:34's in 100% conditions.

What do you think 👍,👎:scared:

An RMd Elise should have 290hp at least fully modded nor will it ever weigh 530kg. If yours is a max mod, you should be getting 290 and you'll have 630kg. Most likely a typo there, so yeah.

I happen to know it is very easy to beat Super GT race cars in a fully mo on tracks with straights as long as Sarthe 2009's, and with Racing Hard only. You should have no problem beating them really. Plus the AI are terrible in wet so you shouldn't have any problem anyway.

Quite a challenge mate. Its hard to say if you dont know your dry times. I think they lap around 2.04 in the dry and pit every 11-13 laps. Until you know how many dry laps you can do its a tough one, go for it :D

Quite a challenge mate. Its hard to say if you dont know your dry times. I think they lap around 2.04 in the dry and pit every 11-13 laps. Until you know how many dry laps you can do its a tough one, go for it :D

They lap around 2:03 to 2:06 and usually do 11-15 lap stint like berty1979 said. I won it with a FTO STC (link in the signature).

Well bast laid plans, lost my savegame trying to sort the replay on my GTP account, got mixed up somewhere and it restarted the race.

Anyway i'm going to try again, car spec is:

Race Modification - Add Race Modification to the Car in GT Auto
Power: 201 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change) - This number may go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
Weight - 645 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)

Engine Modifications : N/A

Intake and Exhaust Modifications : All (Including Stage 3 Engine Power Upgrade)

Engine Power Limiter : N/A
Turbo or Supercharger : Not Allowed. Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD.

Oil Change : Required
Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
Transmission: Any

Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed

Tire Type: Racing Rain (Name in Driving Options Screen)/Racing Wet (Name in Tuning Screen). You must buy one of the dry racing compounds for the car in order for the Wet racing tires to be made available.

Chassis Reinforcement: Optional

This is the GTP spec for week 51, (see the online events) the only thing i've added is a mid range turbo to even the power to weight ratio a touch.

I'll start seriously tommorow after work, i have a full set of tyres and i'm going into the race with no track knowledge of any worth and no idea of how the lotus will behave. I'm going to expect rain and set on the soft side and hope that a really high 1st gear will give me usefull ratios on the track.

Right the race, well after an hour yesterday i had lapped every car the weather was foul and i figured i was in for a dull session, ah!

It would appear not, at the start the race got going in dire weather fully 100% and darkly overcast. The first corner was almost a disaster but i figured i've 172 laps why smash the car up so braked early. Still outbraked all but 5 cars.

Those 5 were all hauled in quickly, all but 2 of them before the bridge. 3rd was taken braking for spoon and the lead under braking! for 130R.

I start lapping cars as early as lap 10 "This isn't good" and have taken the entire field including the rabbit by lap 25, this is where i suspended the race.

Well, while in the pits i fitted some fresh wets (while i'm there and it gave me an idea of the time needed for a pit) no fuel and off i go sub 20secs.

And then it stopped raining and the sun has come out, currently on lap 28. Track is drying 2-3% per lap. I'm going to be on inters soon, or skip and go for dry tyres?

Now i'm going to see if the little Elise has the stones to pull this off. I might just be praying for rain yet.

Oh no 15 laps later i'm dropping time like water through my fingers, on inters i'm doing 2:16's and being hauled in,my lead is down to 43sec's i really think the cars were driving on slicks? Anyho time for some proper tyres soon. Tracks at 28%.

Ok lap 53, i have pegged the leader at a minute or so he must have traffic issues, i'm doing 2:10's now and haven't got a lot left using racing hards. Tyre wear may make any gains on racing soft redundant.

Cars are pitting but i can't tell who and what for, just that the leader hasn't.

The good news is the suns gone and the clouds are gathering over the grandstand. 200R is still clear but hopefully not for long.

Ok its L64 screw the niceties of the challenge i really am racing to survive, i am praying for rain. I have just pitted for fuel and tyres, the stickiest in the box, that i hope will give me enough to stop the rot.

If it rains again i'm back chasing the lead, otherwise i'm looking at getting stuffed with a 4th if i'm really lucky.

Lap 73, the racing softs are about done, a big rather gracefull 720degree spin coming out of 130R didn't help and tyre saving is just not possible i need every 10th i can get. JUST touched the green taking just a knats too much curb. I was running 2:07's but back up now.

The good news its raining at 200R, the race is coming to me maybe. I have a lap and a half to pull back. Now its a RACE.

Last edited:
What's the HP on the car with a mid range turbo? I have a setup which is built for a full mod with high range turbo which hits the max 264 available to Elise RMs. Depending on the HP difference you may well be able to easily adapt it.

Its 243hp, I don't want a moster that rips the game apart, like the mazda4hr i want it close, even if its just close with the rabbit i want to RACE. So that will do, there is bags of time to find as my track knowledge is rubbish.

In the real world this car shouldn't stand a chance in hell against these motors.

Bring the rain.....

I haven't done this race because I'm not too excited about 6+ hours at Suzuka, probably with rain.

But if I do get a hair and decide to do it I'll use a lower power GT500 car.

I know you can use any car, but it's a super GT race and using anything else would feel "wrong" to me.

Thats why i've gone for the Elise, it should be a race rather than a trouncing, also to get even a remote chance at this weeks GTP TT i need to know Suzuka, 2 birds with one stone.

Right the race, well after an hour yesterday i had lapped every car the weather was foul and i figured i was in for a dull session, ah!

It would appear not, at the start the race got going in dire weather fully 100% and darkly overcast. The first corner was almost a disaster but i figured i've 172 laps why smash the car up so braked early. Still outbraked all but 5 cars.

Those 5 were all hauled in quickly, all but 2 of them before the bridge. 3rd was taken braking for spoon and the lead under braking! for 130R.

I start lapping cars as early as lap 10:indiff: "This isn't good" and have taken the entire field including the rabbit by lap 25, this is where i suspended the race.

Well, while in the pits i fitted some fresh wets (while i'm there and it gave me an idea of the time needed for a pit) no fuel and off i go sub 20secs.

And then it stopped raining and the sun has come out, currently on lap 28. Track is drying 2-3% per lap. I'm going to be on inters soon, or skip and go for dry tyres?

Now i'm going to see if the little Elise has the stones to pull this off. I might just be praying for rain yet.

Oh no 15 laps later i'm dropping time like water through my fingers, on inters i'm doing 2:16's and being hauled in,my lead is down to 43sec's i really think the cars were driving on slicks? Anyho time for some proper tyres soon. Tracks at 28%.

Ok lap 53, i have pegged the leader at a minute or so he must have traffic issues, i'm doing 2:10's now and haven't got a lot left using racing hards. Tyre wear may make any gains on racing soft redundant.

Cars are pitting but i can't tell who and what for, just that the leader hasn't.

The good news is the suns gone and the clouds are gathering over the grandstand. 200R is still clear but hopefully not for long.

Ok its L64 screw the niceties of the challenge i really am racing to survive, i am praying for rain. I have just pitted for fuel and tyres, the stickiest in the box, that i hope will give me enough to stop the rot.

If it rains again i'm back chasing the lead, otherwise i'm looking at getting stuffed with a 4th if i'm really lucky.

Lap 73, the racing softs are about done, a big rather gracefull 720degree coming out of 130R didn't help and tyre saving is just not possible i need every 10th i can get. JUST touched the green taking just a knats too much curb. I was running 2:07's but back up now.

The good news its raining at 200R, the race is coming to me maybe. I have a lap and a half to pull back. Now its a RACE.

Back