• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 7 comments

Dennisch

Humongous member
Premium
Netherlands
Hilversum
Dennisch
I have noticed that since today that some of my phone's keyboard functions no longer work here on GTP, and only on GTP.

I was used to be able to double tap my space bar for a point at the end of my sentence and after a point my phone would automatically start the next sentence with a capital letter, but both of those functions no longer work.

Has there been an update that could possibly affect this?

Edit.

It seems to be an issue with the rich text editor, if I turn it off the functions return.

It seems to be an issue with the rich text editor, if I turn it off the functions return.
I agree. At least in part.

Rich Text on, no auto caps nor double space periods.

Rich Text off, auto cap works but still no double space periods.

What type of devices are you guys using? Browsers? Keyboard software?

Double-space-periods, auto-capitalization, and auto-complete work normally for me on iOS, and there has been no recent change in the forum software.

Regardless, this type of functionality is provided entirely by your mobile device's keyboard. I presume you're both using Android, so it might be worth checking the keyboard software you are using; it probably has a bug or compatibility issue with our rich text editor.

Android 6.0.1
Chrome 54.0.something
Stock Samsung keyboard

I can't say I was really paying attention but up until a few days ago everything was working as expected.

Edit: Switching to SwiftKey, capitalization is back after a period but double space still does nothing.

Last edited:
Android 6.0.1
Chrome 54
Stock Sony keyboard.

I'm now back on the factory settings of the keyboard software but still no luck.

Edit.

I'm now using Opera and everything works again. So it's probably a Chrome issue.

Last edited:
Glad it's not just my phone doing it.

Turning RTE off actually made it worse. I've had to turn off predictive.

Xperia, Android, Chrome.

I am now experiencing a keyboard issue. as you can see the first letter of this sentence was not automatically capitalized. same happened again with this sentence.

I am only just now reporting it because it just started happening within the past two days.

Is this confirmed to be an issue with Chrome on mobile devices? I have the latest build of Chrome and a stock Android keyboard. Android is version 4.4.2 (Which is the latest for my Galaxy S4 Mini.)

Is this confirmed to be an issue with Chrome on mobile devices?
There's nothing else it could be, really. As mentioned earlier, auto-capitalization, auto-correct, and auto-complete are provided entirely by a mobile device's OS, browser, and keyboard software. GTPlanet's text forms provide no such functionality on their own, so it's not something that could break.

Back