Recent updates have ruined "last lap" on timed racing

Canada
Toronto
A recent update (I think 1.27) has done something funky to the timed racing last lap calculations and has essentially made a bit of a mess with last lap situations.

Previously how the game worked - and as far as I know, this was working as intended, and how real life timed racing works.
Once final lap was shown on the leaders screen, everyone who is on the lead lap (assuming they don't get passed before the leader finishes) would be able to cross the finish line and do another lap even if the timer had run out before they crossed the line and even if the leader is being shown "final lap", drivers who have not been lapped won't be shown "final lap" until they start the last lap.

However since 1.27 that has not been the case. Now this is whats happening. Let's say you were racing at the Nurburgring 24h circuit and you are not leading the race, but you are still on the lead lap (meaning the leader of the race has not lapped you), if you cross the line after the timer has ran out - your race will be over - EVEN IF the leader of the race is still doing another lap.

So essentially, even if you are 10 seconds behind the leader on a 7min+ long track like Nurb 24H - if the leader crosses the line before the timer runs out, but you don't - they get to do another lap, and you finish the race 1 lap down.

What's even worse is this can happen to people who are down in the order, 4th and 5th could be separated by less than a second, but if 4th crosses the line with time remaining and 5th doesn't - the same happens, 4th place races on another lap and 5th place race is over.

This is absolutely not working as intended and has been a recent change - especially with tire/fuel strategies in endurance racing it's not uncommon to makeup large time gaps in single laps - especially if damage is set to strong.

With the FIA season potentially having some timed races (I vaguely remember a race at Bathurst with a timer) this is a potentially serious problem.
Not sure if PD reads these forums, or if they even know this is a problem - but here's to hoping they see this.

Really? How does PD continuously break stuff in updates that haven't even been related to the particular update.

Remember when certain Thrustmaster wheels randomly didn't work? and when game sounds didn't exist? Or when most new race cars are incredibly poorly nerfed and ruin a certain class of racing until the next patch?

Lol, so the leader could cross the finish with 1 sec left and do another 8 minute lap while the rest is all staring at the result screen?? Hilarious.
Wouldn't surprise me if the leader gets timed out after a minute as the result screen has been triggered by someone finishing a lap down :)

Back