Recipes for Professional level Sophy races

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 26 comments
Finland
Finland
The aim of this thread is to come up with the best recipes for the closest race possible.

My Recipes

Stock:
Suzuka Circuit: SH (Sports Hard) New
Spa Francorchamps: SH (Sports Hard) New
Spa Francorchamps: CS (Comfort Soft)
Suzuka Circuit: CS (Comfort Soft)
Grand Valley: SH (Sports Hard)
Red Bull Ring: SM (Sports Medium)
Spa Francorchamps: SH (Sports Hard)
Le Mans: SH (Sports Hard)
Torque vectoring differential recommended! 25/75 felt optimal.
Suzuka Circuit: SM (Sports Medium)
Suzuka Circuit: SH (Sports Hard)
Grand Valley: CS (Comfort Soft)

Sophy 2.0 can be great fun and can make for challenging, yet thrilling fights that are fought to the last centimeter.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__1.jpeg

Doesn't get any closer than this... lost by +0.001.

Important notes:
  • A general rule of thumb is to race with a bone stock car, including the tires. Sometimes you will have to go a step softer or harder, depending on the car
  • Sophy is best engaged with a sports car, but some super cars work too, depending on the track. Racing cars don't work as well, because of the BoP in place.
  • Sophy behaves differently on each track. For example, the AI likes to push you off the track at Spa, while at Suzuka the AI is accident prone.
  • Specific cars are unusable due to being either too fast or producing non-creative grids, e.g. Porsche 550 Spyder/Jaguar D-Type
  • And lastly, even with the tire suggestions for a car on each track, you might still need to refresh the grid for better results. Or if your skill level is lower, just try using softer tires and minor tunes if needed. Trial and error!
And here are the cars I've driven so far (most tested in bold)
  • Lexus LFA
  • Honda NSX '92
  • Toyota Supra '88
  • Ford RS500 Cosworth
  • Nismo 400R
  • Renault Clio V6
  • Mercedes-Benz 190
  • Honda S2000
  • Mazda MX-5 NA
  • Nissan Skyline R34
  • Dodge Viper GTS '02
  • Ford GT40 Mk 1
  • Porsche 911 GT1
  • Porsche 550 Spyder
  • Nissan GT-R GT500
  • Jaguar XJ220
  • Jaguar D-Type
  • Renault 5 Turbo
  • Nissan 300ZX '89

Note: I will not be testing Tsukuba, as I'm not a fan of it :crazy:

I will update this thread as we go on.

Last edited:
I had a decent run with the stock 370z at Deep Forest, I imagine it's a good car to use in other circuits too.

I had a decent run with the stock 370z at Deep Forest, I imagine it's a good car to use in other circuits too.
Haven't tried Deep Forest yet personally still mad at PD for changing the layout :crazy:But it should be a good race, especially with the run to the finish line.

Also, which car is this? Z34?

Last edited:
Haven't tried Deep Forest yet personally still mad at PD for changing the layout :crazy:But it should be a good race, especially with the run to the finish line.

Also, which car is this? Z34?
Sorry, I meant the Z33 (350z) - the cars are so identical I always get them confused lol. But yeah, I imagine they will both produce decent races - the low power sports car area as a whole seems to be a strong point for her.

Sorry, I meant the Z33 (350z) - the cars are so identical I always get them confused lol.
When you mentioned 370Z I had to look at the car list, including the Amuse :lol:
the low power sports car area as a whole seems to be a strong point for her.
Yup, any Sports car up to Viper for example tends to produce close races. But when I tried the 911 GT1 at Spa and Le Mans, it was...an experience, just not a great one

The LFA was good on most Sophy tracks I tried, but my absolute favorite so far has to be the bone stock, in UCD right now, Impreza 22B at Suzuka. My first field of Sophys had a ferocious R32 Nismo right in front of me and a rather aggressive RX7 behind me. Once I had learned how to manage the first lap with those guys, I had two Aston Martin Vantages to catch who had played the rabbit while I was fighting left and right. Only was ever able to catch one of them. Excellent excellent fun.

So far i did a loop with the new Porsche 992 GT3 RS on SM tires stock setup and Porsche Cayman GT4 street ver. SH tires.

I think racing on SH was better. I'm going to do a loop with the Porsche 81 Turbo on CS tires and then move to the Gr. classes.

Something makes me feel that racing on SH / RH tires will be the best experience, but might be wrong...

Also intrerested to see how the grid with Gr.2 or Gr.1, which by default are on RM going to be.

Last edited:
Only tested once...

Not the ideal track (La Sarthe) on a 600pp tuned Mazda Atenza XD, expert level.
Raced a bunch of Subarus and Lancers, also some engine swaps, won by 1m40 secs. Seems to me the system is broken for tuned cars, as the Atenza isn't the best car for La Sarthe, not amazing top speed and hard to turn.
The field seemed similar level to Clubman Plus races but somewhat slower.

Edit: Obviously, didn't take enough time around other cars to have an opinion how they behave, compared to normal AI.

Last edited:
Nice!, i'm going to folow this thread, great idea!
There should be some real challenging races with Sophy, yesterday i did the Laguna seca, after 2 laps with the new GT3 RS i had a one lap fight with the Chiron who kept blasting away on the straights but was easy to overtake in the corners, was fun, but last few meters to the finish-line were kind of stressing seeing that Chiron getting very fast and very big in the mirror :lol: :lol:

Will be enjoyable to find car/track combo that perform well with Sophy.

My top 5 so far, all on stock setups/tires @ all 9 circuits
LFA
F430
Cayman GT4
Radical SR3
BRZ

Did some more races today. XJ220 got me a surprisingly tight finish at Spa, while the RS500 and 400R produce close races on Sports Medium/Comfort Soft respectively.

The aim of this thread is to come up with the best recipes for the closest race possible.

My Recipes:
Le Mans: SH (Sports Hard)
Torque vectoring differential recommended! 25/75 felt optimal.
Suzuka Circuit: SM (Sports Medium)
Spa Francorchamps: SH
(Sports Hard) New
Grand Valley: SH (Sports Hard) New
Suzuka Circuit: SH (Sports Hard)
Grand Valley: CS (Comfort Soft)

Sophy 2.0 can be great fun and can make for challenging, yet thrilling fights that are fought to the last centimeter.

View attachment 1302259
Doesn't get any closer than this... lost by +0.001.

Important notes:
  • A general rule of thumb is to race with a bone stock car, including the tires. Sometimes you will have to go a step softer or harder, depending on the car
  • Sophy is best engaged with a sports car, but some super cars work too, depending on the track. Racing cars don't work as well, because of the BoP in place.
  • Sophy behaves differently on each track. For example, the AI likes to push you off the track at Spa, while at Suzuka the AI is accident prone.
  • Specific cars are unusable due to being either too fast or producing non-creative grids, e.g. Porsche 550 Spyder/Jaguar D-Type
  • And lastly, even with the tire suggestions for a car on each track, you might still need to refresh the grid for better results. Trial and error!
And here are the cars I've driven so far (most tested in bold)
  • Lexus LFA
  • Honda NSX '92
  • Toyota Supra '88
  • Ford RS500 Cosworth
  • Nismo 400R
  • Honda S2000
  • Mazda MX-5 NA
  • Nissan Skyline R34
  • Renault Clio V6
  • Dodge Viper GTS '02
  • Ford GT40 Mk 1
  • Porsche 911 GT1
  • Porsche 550 Spyder
  • Nissan GT-R GT500
  • Jaguar XJ220
  • Jaguar D-Type

Note: I will not be testing Tsukuba, as I'm not a fan of it :crazy:

I will update this thread as we go on.

I used the Clio V6 around the road Atlanta like you suggested, and it was a great race. Thanks

I used the Clio V6 around the road Atlanta like you suggested, and it was a great race. Thanks
No...? I suggested it on Spa with CS tires :lol:

But speaking of Clio, the races turned out to be extremely tight in my second session today, which I dedicated entirely for the Clio as I noticed it's always struggling to win.

The compounds also vary a lot, which is rather curious:

CS for Suzuka, SH for Grand Valley and SM for Red Bull Ring. :boggled:

I'll have to keep on testing it seems.

No...? I suggested it on Spa with CS tires :lol:

But speaking of Clio, the races turned out to be extremely tight in my second session today, which I dedicated entirely for the Clio as I noticed it's always struggling to win.

The compounds also vary a lot, which is rather curious:

CS for Suzuka, SH for Grand Valley and SM for Red Bull Ring. :boggled:

I'll have to keep on testing it seems.

Oh cool I’ll check it out. Thanks.

Such a shame the R5 Turbo is not really viable by default...it's one of those cars that give an easy win with CS, but with CM victory is really tough or just plain impossible.

I did find two cars that work, though. See OP :)

Bumping this thread as there has been an update to how the grids for the races are formed. The game now takes into account your present PP as you enter the race. This is exactly what I hoped for so you're not stuck to stock cars.

I will still keep testing stock cars, but tuned cars should be fun when done correctly.

And remember, the recipes still work, as long as you enter the race with the stock tires too, and then change them in the race menu.

Last edited:
Back