Recommend me a rig

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
My old gt ultimate rig is getting too squeaky and loose, so I need a new one.

But... I've not been in the market for years and I need a specific rig. The rig list thread simply overwhelmed me. There'sa lot of dead links and I'm in the UK.

So, it can’t be any wider than 55cm at the foot plate end as it needs to fit under a desk with a TV, keyboard ps5 etc. on it.

Also I'm very fickle about exact driving position so I need the wheel to be height as well as rake angle adjustable (distance adjust effective with a seat that slide forwards/backwards)

No real budget but less than the price of a kart, or I might as well get back into that again.

I like the look of this plus I can get a discountwith a community I'm in, but I don't like the "coming soon" text.

Last edited:
Take a look at

He kind of destroys it in the review. Still he is comparing it against a GT Omega and I think he is sponsored by them so take the review with a high degree of skepticism.

Cheers.

Urgh that flex is horrible. That's my main reason for upgrading from my next level gt ultimate. Maybe I should simply get rid of the desk and go for a monitor stand and 8mprove my space options?

I bought the GT Omega Prime Lite a few months ago, love it. It's too wide for you though at 68cm unless you go for the monitor stand.

Attachments

• PXL_20230415_092208588.jpg
    PXL_20230415_092208588.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20230415_092058180.jpg
    PXL_20230415_092058180.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Depending on where your 55cm restriction is, I can highly recommend this. It is 75cm at the two upright supports, but just under 55cm across the main base. The tightening nuts will make that a few cm more though.

1690789415462.png

There are some video reviews at the bottom of this page: https://rocksolidrigs.com/racing-simulator-cockpit-reviews/

Last edited:
From what I've been able to find out about dimensions all the T shaped rigs are too wide, or the narrower or don't have a wheel angle adjustment.

Anyone know how wide the track racer tr160 is at the pedal mounts? It's 66cm at the wheel mounts but the frame might be 3cm wider each side?

Atm I'm leaning towards the gt omega titan but I'm waiting for an answer if they fit my wheel.

I bought the GT Omega Prime Lite a few months ago, love it. It's too wide for you though at 68cm unless you go for the monitor stand.
I like the look of the adjustability on that too. Is it it rock solid with the wheel adjusters? It's only the pedal mount that will go under the desk. The wheel mounts will be further back. I don't suppose you could be I nice chap measure it for me?

The gt omega prime model says 58cm at the pedal mount and I could make that work. I'd be surprised if the prime lite is not the same base but the website doesn't say.

Last edited:
I like the look of the adjustability on that too. Is it it rock solid with the wheel adjusters? It's only the pedal mount that will go under the desk. The wheel mounts will be further back. I don't suppose you could be I nice chap measure it for me?

The gt omega prime model says 58cm at the pedal mount and I could make that work. I'd be surprised if the prime lite is not the same base but the website doesn't say.
The Lite is really solid. Just measured it and it is 68 cm as the website says. The Prime is 10cm narrower than the Lite at that point. Depends how much you're willing to spend, the extra £230 over the Lite could get you a new desk or monitor stand and have still change out of it.

Last edited:
Back