Recommendation For Computer Speakers

• Thread starter Callum B
  • 15 comments
England
Leeds
mullac2k9
After many years I am planning to replace my original computer speakers for something just, better.
I have already found one possible replacement (GigaWorks T40 Series II 2.0) which my friend also has so I know they have terrific quality, the price is around right at £100 so I was wondering if there are any better suggestions as to what I should buy?

They do look rather good, thanks for the suggestion they've been saved in my favourites for a time I can afford them. :)

2 speakers and 60watt sub for $60?

Damn, that's a sweet deal.

Yep also at one point a few weeks ago they were only £43 on offer. I think they sound really good for the money and as you can see from the reviews people who know more about sounds systems seem to like them to. When I got them for the first time I naturally had to crack them to the max and even then they had very little distortion.

I'm not sure if surround sound will work due to there not being a an awful lot of room to put them but still thanks for showing me them. :)

A reasonably priced set-up would be a pair of Dayton MK402 speakers with a mini-amp like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BQC7GNL/?tag=gtplanet-20

This is something I'll probably be getting, though ideally I would need to get the computer tower off my desk.

That would cover down to 50-60Hz. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get a subwoofer to cover the lower frequencies.

TB
1,600 watts and $1,400/pair.

No thanks.

They are on sale here in that Thomann Music store(330€). I would not pay the full price either :)
Power consupmtion when turned on 17watt each (35watt booth)
Power consumption while racing(loud) is arround 60-80watt
Power consumption while music(loud) is arround 40-120watt

Output volume on speaker is set to 100% and input volume is set to 70%, Tv output is on 10/100 :)
Maybe you can rise the max peak power by playing some testsounds but at normal using(gaming&music) they dont need mutch power!
Just tested it for you this morning with my power meter.

If you find them on sale... grab them.

TB
If I need good sound, I skip the computer speakers and go to my theater room. :D
No need to rub it in @TB

Next thing you’ll be telling us you have Usherettes to show you to your seat.

Back