Recommendation For Computer Speakers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Callum B
  • 15 comments
  • 2,003 views
Messages
1,730
England
Leeds
Messages
mullac2k9
After many years I am planning to replace my original computer speakers for something just, better.
I have already found one possible replacement (GigaWorks T40 Series II 2.0) which my friend also has so I know they have terrific quality, the price is around right at £100 so I was wondering if there are any better suggestions as to what I should buy?
 
Still, giving me a better price is always a great help, thank you. :)
 
They do look rather good, thanks for the suggestion they've been saved in my favourites for a time I can afford them. :)
 
2 speakers and 60watt sub for $60?

Damn, that's a sweet deal.
 
Yep also at one point a few weeks ago they were only £43 on offer. I think they sound really good for the money and as you can see from the reviews people who know more about sounds systems seem to like them to. When I got them for the first time I naturally had to crack them to the max and even then they had very little distortion.
 
I'm not sure if surround sound will work due to there not being a an awful lot of room to put them but still thanks for showing me them. :)
 
It was just a experiment but it was blowing my mind and it is fantastic :D
I have replaced my 2.1 teufel system with 2 of this great speakers.
So clean and so mutch pressure. Its pure joy for the ears and stomach.
Cars feel more alive because more sound detail and you dont need a buttkicker anymore :D

dB Technologies ES602


https://www.thomann.de/de/db_technologies_es602.htm
 
A reasonably priced set-up would be a pair of Dayton MK402 speakers with a mini-amp like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BQC7GNL/?tag=gtplanet-20

This is something I'll probably be getting, though ideally I would need to get the computer tower off my desk.

That would cover down to 50-60Hz. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get a subwoofer to cover the lower frequencies.
 
TB
1,600 watts and $1,400/pair.

No thanks.

They are on sale here in that Thomann Music store(330€). I would not pay the full price either :)
Power consupmtion when turned on 17watt each (35watt booth)
Power consumption while racing(loud) is arround 60-80watt
Power consumption while music(loud) is arround 40-120watt

Output volume on speaker is set to 100% and input volume is set to 70%, Tv output is on 10/100 :)
Maybe you can rise the max peak power by playing some testsounds but at normal using(gaming&music) they dont need mutch power!
Just tested it for you this morning with my power meter.

If you find them on sale... grab them.
 
If you find them on sale... grab them.
If I need good sound, I skip the computer speakers and go to my theater room. :D
 
TB
If I need good sound, I skip the computer speakers and go to my theater room. :D
No need to rub it in @TB

Next thing you’ll be telling us you have Usherettes to show you to your seat.
 
No need to rub it in @TB

Next thing you’ll be telling us you have Usherettes to show you to your seat.
Do the dogs count?
 
Back