Recommendations for 750 pp cars

• Thread starter NeKo LeXuS
  • 18 comments
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
nekolexus
Hello community,

nearing the end of GT 6, I need some cars (+ tunes) with 750 pp in my garage, for events like "Like The Wind". But there are so many good cars, and they are all so pricey.

Sure, I have a lot of money (thanks to gold'ing the seasonal events), but since I want to achieve the "1000 cars in possession"-achievement, I want to plan with the money.

So... what are the community's favourites?

The last thread was from 2014, that's why I wanted to create a new topic.

Thanks for your replies!

The like the wind event is actually surprisingly easy as many of the racers are in race cars, all with default transmission tuning, meaning they are built for cornering and acceleration, and not so much top speed. You could probably win these races with almost any supercar, the cheapest of which probably being something like the ford GT. You shouldn't have to even upgrade it at all, or tune it. The GT has a pretty damn high stock full speed for what its worth. If that doesn't work just tune it up.

For some of the 750pp race series you are going to have to buy an LM/Group C race car. They are all similarly priced and similarly spec'd, so I would honestly just pick the one that you like best. I personally like the Mazda 787B.

When I was at your stage of the game the car I bought and which did it for me was the Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 '89. I did so many "Like The Wind" races with it and won so many with it it became my "Most used car". There are other cars capable of course but that is the one I knew at the time and which worked for me. I don't think I was familiar with tunings at the time (although now I wish I had known then) so I think I had just applied power/engine and weight reduction upgrades back then.

For tunings check out the
GT6 Tuning forum section.... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gt6-tuning/
Or Advanced Tune Finder: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/tunefinder (One of my to-go tune finders).

There are also some master tuners such as
Exeter GT Tuning: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/exeter-gt-tuning-updated-with-new-seasonal-setups.300860/ (Also one of my favs)

GhostRider65 TUNING GARAGE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ghostrider65-tuning-garage-gt6-current-classification.328853/

Would say to use a Sauber but you'll find one that suits you specifically- for me I prefer the R92CP or the Evo Bis LM because of its incredibly light weight.

For like the wind, however, maybe u could try a highly tuned road car as the base downforce on the race cars will stop u at about 250-270mph regardless of transmission. Something like an 1000+ bhp pagani or a Viper which in my experience reaches around 290

For 750pp?

Use the Tomahawk S or the GTS-R. Both are insanely OP in their class. The 2X is also a good option but it can't be recharged during races.

Sry 4 reviving this thread,
but is there a way to deactivate the block @ 356 km/h that is built in the Mercedes Sauber? Whenever I hit a certain speed, it goes back down to xxx km/h.

I know they do that in real life, but is there an option in the tuning menu for (each) car?

Same goes for i. e. Jeff Gordon's NASCAR.

Sry 4 reviving this thread,
but is there a way to deactivate the block @ 356 km/h that is built in the Mercedes Sauber? Whenever I hit a certain speed, it goes back down to xxx km/h.

I know they do that in real life, but is there an option in the tuning menu for (each) car?

Same goes for i. e. Jeff Gordon's NASCAR.

I assume you mean that the car is hitting the rev limiter on the final gear?
If so, Just go in the Drivetrain (Transmission) tab in Car Settings and there will be a menu where you can change gear ratios and you can auto set the ratios with the top speed setting.

Works a treat for events like Like the Wind etc.

I assume you mean that the car is hitting the rev limiter on the final gear?
If so, Just go in the Drivetrain (Transmission) tab in Car Settings and there will be a menu where you can change gear ratios and you can auto set the ratios with the top speed setting.

Works a treat for events like Like the Wind etc.

Aye, that is it. Thanks!

I always like the sound of the 787b But I never used it much in Career. Maybe it's a good car. Otherwise the Minolta should get the job done.

I'd recommend the Pescarolo Hybride. It's a pretty strong choice for any 750PP race when fully tuned, and one of the fastest cars in the game (aside from the ludicrous SRT Tomahawk). For Like The Wind just get any one of the high-end supercars, max tune them, and send the gearbox way over to the right, and you'll have every chance to win those events!

Back