Recommendations for gloves?

Germany
Germany
timekiller001
Hey everyone,

I'm currently looking for some better gloves to use during sim racing, as my current ones have some issues.
Currently I have these: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008M8SR3E/ in size L/9.

Unfortunately there's a seam right on the inside of the knuckle of both thumbs, causing me to get blisters there.
It's worse than when I had no gloves.

So I'm looking for some recommendations where the seam is no issue.

FYI, I'm using the GT DD Pro with the standard GT rim.

Thank you!

Hey everyone,

I'm currently looking for some better gloves to use during sim racing, as my current ones have some issues.
Currently I have these: in size L/9.

Unfortunately there's a seam right on the inside of the knuckle of both thumbs, causing me to get blisters there.

Thank you!
I use these Mechanix high dexterity gloves.

They're not very grippy for some things but grip fine on the wheel.

I don't know if these are available in Germany, but I've been using them for a while with good effect.

Hey everyone,

Currently I have these: in size L/9.

Thank you!
I use cycling gloves for my GT DD Pro because with the full finger glove that cover the whole finger, you may have problems touching other buttons on the GT DD Pro rim.

CBH
I use cycling gloves for my GT DD Pro because with the full finger glove that cover the whole finger, you may have problems touching other buttons on the GT DD Pro rim.
That's not easy, but not an issue 😉
It's really only the seam on the thumb that's an issue for me 😕

And I'd rather have the fingers fully covered to avoid issues with my skin

I use these: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/st-100-mountain-bike-gloves/_/R-p-301147?mc=8500689&c=BLACK

st-100-mountain-bike-gloves-black.jpg

Super light material with virtually no padding which is what I prefer.

Last edited:
I've got the Alpinestars F-lite cycling gloves which work well, I managed to get them for under £10 per pair delivered.

Don't get too hot hands and can just put them in the washing machine when they get a bit smelly.

Agreed, got the Sim Hound ones last week. First gloves I've bought but really like them.

Last edited:
Agreed, got the Sim Hound ones last week. First gloves I've bought but really like them.
They were my first real pair too and it looks like they'll be the last. I can't fault them at all.

I've just noticed they've started doing sim shoes as well and they're only £30. If they're as breathable as the gloves, they'll come in handy this summer.

They were my first real pair too and it looks like they'll be the last. I can't fault them at all.

I've just noticed they've started doing sim shoes as well and they're only £30. If they're as breathable as the gloves, they'll come in handy this summer.
I looked at the shoes as well but after reading a comment somewhere got these. The fit could be better as they were a bit big even though I ordered my size but they do the job.

What’s the benefit in using Gloves?!
Or the other way, what’s the disadvantage in not using Gloves.
I play with Racing Wheels/Pedals for over 20years and NEVER used Gloves or Shoes.
Just my pure Silky Skin on the Rim and my ordinary Socks teasing my Pedals.
Never had problems with Blisters or slipping Feet.
And I play a lot.
Like really a lot.
10hours + per day and 50hours per week on average.
So what’s the deal about this SchnickSchnack 🧐😅

Better grip on the wheel, especially when the weather is warm and the hands get sweaty and shoes because my heels hurt after a while plus I feel like socks are too slippy.

Simple reasons.
Got it.
Thankfully I never had issues with sweaty Hands or slippery Feet.
But I could need something for my sweaty Armpits.
Maybe some SimRacing Sponges 😅

What’s the benefit in using Gloves?!
Or the other way, what’s the disadvantage in not using Gloves.
I play with Racing Wheels/Pedals for over 20years and NEVER used Gloves or Shoes.
Just my pure Silky Skin on the Rim and my ordinary Socks teasing my Pedals.
Never had problems with Blisters or slipping Feet.
And I play a lot.
Like really a lot.
10hours + per day and 50hours per week on average.
So what’s the deal about this SchnickSchnack 🧐😅
I started wearing gloves because my older Fanatec rim instead of being Alcantara, is actually suede which came off on my hands. Even playing less than an hour and my hands looked like I just came off of a shift in the coal mines. I've stuck with gloves ever since even with different leather covered rims. And like @kilesa4568 said my hands do tend to sweat a little and I don't want the rim getting all grungy looking. Plus gloves give me something to throw around when I get mad and I don't have to worry about breaking something :).

But I've always driven barefooted. I never wear shoes in the house at all and socks are too slippery on the pedals.

I started wearing gloves because my older Fanatec rim instead of being Alcantara, is actually suede which came off on my hands. Even playing less than an hour and my hands looked like I just came off of a shift in the coal mines. I've stuck with gloves ever since even with different leather covered rims. And like @kilesa4568 said my hands do tend to sweat a little and I don't want the rim getting all grungy looking. Plus gloves give me something to throw around when I get mad and I don't have to worry about breaking something :).

But I've always driven barefooted. I never wear shoes in the house at all and socks are too slippery on the pedals.
I see, reasonable points, especially the “throw something around when getting mad“ :D
I like that.
But me personally I could never ever drive Barefoot. I tried it more than once and everytime I did it felt like my Feet were glued.
I like my Sasquatch Feet wrapped in some thin Socks slipping over them Pedals.
But that’s just preference I think.
If you plan on buying a new Rim, I highly suggest you to take a closer look at the Fanatec McLaren GT3 Rim.
This thing is so absurdly grippy that it’s beyond belief.
The Grip is made of some Hard Rubber, like a Street Tire or something and super smooth and rock hard, yet very pleasant to hold on to.
I play for hours and hours and it’s the first Rim I never ever got dirty Hands or any sort of Marks on my Hands.
Not to mention the Rim itself which still nowadays looks like it has been unwrapped just today.
Highly recommended :cheers:

Back